Are You Free Sunday Morning or Afternoon to Help at Local Blood Donor Center in Springfield, MO?
We urgently need your help at our Blood Donor Center in Springfield, MO on Sundays (and/or Saturdays)
Do you love interacting with people and want to make a direct impact in your community? The American Red Cross has a high priority need for Blood Donor Ambassadors to continue delivering services to our communities.
Blood drives with volunteers are more successful, run smoother, and collect more blood. This means more birthday parties, more anniversaries, more graduations, and all those celebrations and happy moments in people’s lives...because of you!
The best part? You pick your locations and shifts.
Apply at www.redcross.org/volunteer
What Is It?
You would help to provide a warm and friendly greeting to our blood donors. As you welcome them, you will assist with reception and hospitality to enhance the blood donor experience.
Must be 16 years or older
Opportunity for you to:
- Be in a safe environment helping your community
- Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community
- Network and meet new people
- Develop customer service skills that will last a lifetime
- Receive community service hours
- Be part of the most respected world-wide organizations
- Meet some incredible people...our blood donors and staff
- 1 shift per month. Each shift is 4-6 hours.
- Be willing to commit to the role for at least 3 months (preferably 6 months - 1 year)
How to get started
- Complete the online application at www.redcross.org/volunteer
- Or for any questions contact:
Stephanie Vardaman, Senior Volunteer Recruitment Specialist
Call/Text: 501-529-7946 | Stephanie.Vardaman@redcross.org
What Our Volunteers Are Saying
- "When I needed blood during my cancer treatment, the Red Cross was there for me. I’m so happy to be able to give back by volunteering and thanking blood donors now that I’m recovered." ~Jackie P.
- "I may not have money to give, but I have time." ~Taylor W.
- "I can no longer donate blood, but this is a way I can help those who do donate." ~Steve J.
About American Red Cross of Missouri and Arkansas
American Red Cross, 10195 Corporate Square Drive, St. Louis, MO 63132, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member or through the generosity of blood donors, providing critical blood to people in need, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
313 East Battlefield RoadSpringfield, MO 65807
October 5, 2021
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training