Food Pantry Volunteer
A food pantry volunteer's fundamental work includes ensuring that a developed food bank program is taken forward through help and assistance in distributing food items to people enrolled in the program.
* Welcome participants to the assigned food program and check their names off the provided list.
* Distribute food items to participants accessing the food support program, and take their signatures on receipts.
* Prepare food distribution rooms and stock and stack items in an orderly manner.
* Ensure that food quality is maintained through appropriate sorting activities and communicate any issues to the manager.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About 1ST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
101 West Adams Street, PO BOX 1085, PORT ISABEL, TX 78578, US
Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We achieve our mission through vital congregations that equip and empower people to be disciples of Jesus Christ in their homes and communities.
The First United Methodist Church in Port Isabel is a Christian congregation serving the local community by seeking, engaging, and encouraging others through a life-changing Christian journey.
- Our monthly Redeemed Treasure Ministry is a community garage sale that offers clothes and household items at a low cost to our community.
- Our Weekly food pantry is a nonprofit organization that provides food for the economic disadvantage in our community it is an agency of a larger food bank, and it is part of our church ministry. We provide basic food staples for home preparation.
101 West Adams StreetPort Isabel, TX 78578
October 4, 2021
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Community Outreach
- People Skills