2 people are interested
serve your community: On-Site Pantry Coordinator
2 people are interested
Our weekly food pantry supports those in need during this pandemic.
SERVE THE COMMUNITY BY SUPPORTING OUR TEAM OF BIKE "DELIVERISTAS"
include but are not limited to:
● Communicating with and supporting volunteers before/during/after their shifts
● Establishing open communication with staff via email/text
● Helping distribute food bags to volunteers
● Helping collect forms from other volunteers and connect them to our staff
● Taking the temperature of the deliveristas upon arrival
● QUEENS: once per week on Wednesdays from 10am to 2pm
● BROOKLYN: once per week on Fridays from 10 am to 2 pm
● Because of the resources we commit to onboarding volunteers, we ask for a
minimum commitment of 3 months.
In person -
● if QNS = MRNY in Jackson Heights at 92-10 Roosevelt Avenue,
● if BK = MRNY Bushwick office at 301 Grove Street
Help fight hunger in underserved communities of immigrant New Yorkers; gain
knowledge and practice in food pantry systems, community organizing, and collaborative
planning, and learn what providing survival services means to the empowerment of our
● Team player: patient and with a good sense of humor and flexible, effective
communicator, reliable, responsible, and trustworthy
● Ability to keep appointments and follow protocols
● Tech Savvy, with access to a mobile device
● Bilingual: English required; Spanish desired
● Ability to engage in frequent or prolonged standing, bending, and other physical
● Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
* All volunteers must go through a screening and onboarding process that may include
a background check.
* Our volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Volunteers must
satisfy the minimal requirements in the position description they’re applying for as well
as demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity to work within the structure and
vision of our organization.
Thank you for your support in these crucial times!
EMAIL email@example.com !
10:00 AM to 02:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Make the Road New York
9210 ROOSEVELT AVE, JACKSON HTS, NY 11372, US
Make the Road New York (MRNY) builds the power of immigrant and working class communities to achieve dignity and justice through organizing, policy innovation, transformative education, and survival services.
Make the Road New York forges alliances between New York communities that face shared hardships and injustices. All of the communities in which we work are predominantly populated by poor and working class Latinos, immigrants and African Americans. MRNY ' s 10,000+ members come from over 25 different countries and have a wide range of experiences and backgrounds.
MRNY has centers in Bushwick, Brooklyn ; Jackson Heights, Queens ; Port Richmond, Staten Island ; and Brentwood, Long Island , a nd our membership also draws from the surrounding neighborhoods of Bedford-Stuyvesant, East New York, Ridgewood, Woodside, Elmhurst, Corona, Central Islip, and Patchogue. Our advocacy and litigation work affect millions of other low-income and immigrant New Yorkers on the citywide level and increasingly at the state level.
92-10 Roosevelt Avenue, QueensJACKSON HEIGHTS, NY 11372
October 4, 2021
- Transportation Management
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- each Wednesdays, from 10am to 2pm, in Jackson Heights, Queens!