1 person is interested
High School Aged Volunteers Needed for Community Projects! - Get Community Service Hours!
1 person is interested
Volunteer High School Community Leaders Needed! - Get Community Service Hours!
Do you have an idea for change you want to see in your neighborhood, community or school? Do you want to get involved in activism and community service but don't know how?
The Action Leadership Program with Students (ALPS) is now looking for high schoolers who want to serve their community and have an idea for change they want to see! In ALPS, young people can expect to work with peers in short-term community change projects and develop leadership, community and problem-solving skills with the guidance of a trained leadership coach! Projects can be in any area of your choosing. In the past, students have designed projects around mental health, climate change, health & fitness education, Asian American health advocacy, anti-bullying, etc.
If you and a group of friends have a community project idea, ALPS can help you bring it to life. Get valuable leadership, professional and life skills while getting community service hours!
Get started by...
- Brainstorming some observations you and your peers have made in your neighborhood. Are there members in your community that could benefit from your help? Are there issues that exist you want to address? Do you want to serve, educate, advocate or inform?
- Decide on a topic/problem/area you want to create a service project in.
- Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your project idea.
- Get paired with a leadership coach to bring your idea to life!
- Get community service hours, leadership and professional skills, and real-world experience!
- No long-term commitment! You can decide how long your project will be (4-12 weeks).
- Choice and creativity are encouraged- you (and your peers) identify and decide what project/topic you want to explore.
- Flexible project planning makes it easy for you and your leadership coach to create a coaching schedule that works for your lives.
- You gain community service opportunities in areas of your interest!
*Project facilitation sessions and coaching are currently done via Zoom, but physically-distanced activities may be planned if necessary and agreed upon by all participants and their leadership coach.
Ready to get started? Email Harmony email@example.com, the ALPS Program Manager, to get involved today!
Flexible time commitments from 1-3 hours a week, between 4-12 weeks
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Action Leadership Program with Students Rotary
588 sutter st ste 137, San Francisco, CA 94102, US
ALPS empowers youth with the confidence and tools to successfully lead change projects in their schools, communities and world. Our programs prepare youth to be 'service above self' leaders for a civil society and healthy communities.
An innovative youth leadership program from the Rotary Club of San Francisco and the San Francisco Rotary Foundation, ALPS provides youth a platform to bring their community change ideas to life! Through youth-generated service projects and leadership coaching from trained adults, youth will experience hands-on leadership, build communication and problem-solving skills, and create a positive impact in an area of their interest. ALPS offers the freedom to choose exactly what youth want to do, and how they want to do it, while also benefiting from adult guidance along the way. Trained leadership coaches will support youth efforts with the tools needed to lead their own solutions to community change.
Multiple locations San Francisco, CA 94102
October 4, 2021
- Must be at least 14
- Flexible time commitments from 1-3 hours a week, between 4-12 weeks