DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Volunteer Fundraiser Coordinator Board Member
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Classification: Volunteer, part-time
Report to: Founder
Location: Anywhere USA, hub is Aurora, CO
Established in 2018, BCC Evolution is a mental health and suicide awareness, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Mission: Our mission is to empower people to break their silence about their mental health challenge, so it does not rule their life. Doing this through education, awareness, opening the conversation and connecting people to resources.
For more information about the organization’s programs, services, and activities, visit www.bccevolution.org.
The Fundraising Coordinator will manage overall fundraising events or campaigns for the organization. Also assist in branding BCC Evolution as an overall organization, its programs, and events.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop a fundraising action plan.
* Identify and suggest fundraising opportunities.
* In conjunction with the Treasurer keep records relating to fundraising monies.
* Provide monthly updates to the committee regarding fundraising duties and events.
* Work with all board members especially Event Coordinator to create fundraising events.
* Coordinates with social media and Marketing Officer and Communication Lead to announce and disseminate information about upcoming events and functions.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Understand and incorporate the BCC Evolution mission, goals, and brand in all fundraisers.
· Effectively present BCC Evolution to relevant partners and community groups to increase awareness, referrals, and contributions.
· Serve as an advocate for BCC Evolution before stakeholders, partners, and the general public.
· Understand the current needs of BCC Evolution programs and seek to meet those needs by securing resources and partnerships with other agencies, nonprofits, and communities.
· 2+ years of experience in fundraising coordination.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Experience in creating and implementing strategic communication plan.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with individuals across all organizational levels.
· Always represent the organization in a professional manner.
· Possess strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize projects to meet deadlines.
· Commitment to the goals, values, and mission of the organization.
· Understanding of nonprofit practices and culture preferred.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and database applications.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
· Serves 2-year term unless agreement is made to shorten or extend term.
· Attend bi-weekly or weekly board meetings (required at least 2 per month for weekly and 1 per month bi-weekly to be active on board).
· Be active with the group.
· May require more time leading up to and during events, fundraisers, and volunteer program.
· This is a volunteer position; no money will be exchanged for your time.
· Person for this position will be interviewed and voted in by the current board members, contract between BCC Evolution and board member will be signed on approval.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About BCC Evolution
16021 E Geddes Dr., Aurora, CO 80016, US
Our mission is to empower people to break their silence about their mental health challenge, so it does not rule their life. Doing this through education, awareness, opening up the conversation and connecting people to resources.
BCC Evolution focuses more on the Mental Health aspect which ultimately contributes to the prevention of suicide. BCC offers 2 levels of education classes, and a master educator classes. Education saves lives. The more people know and understand, the better they can help those in need or themselves. We offer several programs and resources including, our "Who Is???..." blog to share your story. BeeKind2YourMind monthly subscription boxes and BeeKind2YourMind care packages for the helpers, specifically: Military, Teachers and Nurses. Trauma Fund for survivors and/or victims to support them and their families when involved in a trauma like mass shootings, death of a child by suicide, national racial hate crime, etc. NLP Scholarship fund to support those that need and cannot fully afford NLP coaching, this program is partnered with Mobile Lighthouse. We also host 3 events each year which includes the MHSA Film Festival, Gala and concert series. Volunteering is proven to reduce stress and increase feelings of self-worth and pride which in turn can help your mental state. "If we open our minds, hearts and mouths, together we can make mental health matter!!"
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 4, 2021
- Customer Acquisition
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- 10-20 hours per month. Depends on how efficient you are in doing the job for hours. Min is 3-4 hours per month.