NHQ:DCS - Disaster Workforce Readiness - National Partner Onboarding & Training Team Member
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Disaster Cycle Services (DCS) team, specifically the Disaster Workforce Readiness (DWR) unit. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home) opportunity. The National Partner Onboarding & Training Team Member welcomes new National Partner Members to Disaster Cycle Services and supports them to complete their Onboarding & Training.
- Welcome new National Partner Members to Disaster Cycle Services.
Explain their next steps for Onboarding & Training.
- Follow up with new members via phone and email to encourage them to complete their required training.
- Answer questions new members may have regarding onboarding, training and deployment.
- Assist in managing National Partner GroupShares.
- Assist in updating member profiles and logging contact attempts on the profile.
- Experience onboarding and training employees or volunteers in a remote environment.
- Comfortable learning new technology systems, specifically profile management databases.
- Flexible schedule with some availability during business hours.
- Comfortable contacting volunteers via phone and email.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products, including Teams, Outlook, and Excel.
- Reliable access to phone, internet, and laptop or desktop computer.
- Flexible and comfortable working in an ever-changing environment.
- Works well in a remote team environment.
- Experience with Red Cross Volunteer Engagement.
- Experience using administrative functions in Volunteer Connection.
Length of Appointment: Minimum 1-year commitment with the opportunity to renew
To apply for this opportunity and register as an American Red Cross volunteer, individuals must reside in the United States or on one of the United States Service to the Armed Forces stations. If you are an individual that does not meet this criteria, but are interested in volunteering with the Red Cross or Red Crescent Society in your country, please visit: https://www.ifrc.org/volunteer-us
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 4, 2021
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Administrative Support
- Group Facilitation
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Microsoft Office Suite
- 10 hours per week. The schedule for this position is flexible, but some availability during business hours is required.