NHQ:BIO - Supply Chain - Employee Engagement Volunteer Partner
This position supports the Biomedical Services (BIO) department. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home) position. The National Volunteer for Employee Engagement Volunteer Partner’s primary responsibility is to provide leadership, strategic direction, event planning and execution, tactical tools and communications resources designed to enhance employee engagement for Biomedical Services Supply Chain employees.
- Assist the Biomedical Services Supply Chain leadership team in achieving its Employee Engagement goals and performance targets.
- Coordinate and assist with facilitating or leading meetings related to employee engagement, communicates, and develops engagement goals and expectations, and reports to the leadership team, as determined by the Senior Vice President, Supply Chain Office on work and progress.
- Prepare materials for participants and provide/respond to evaluation and provide tech-savvy, high-quality communication in print and online, providing necessary reports in a timely manner.
- Develop relationships with other Red Cross departments that will assist with the scheduling of special events.
This role requires candidates to be able to perform duties that can include but are not limited to the following:
- Meet with event stakeholders to gain an understanding of the event's purpose and goals Outline the scope of the event, including time, date, location, and budget
- Scout and inspect event venues (when in-person)
- Select or recommend speakers and keynotes
- Work with vendors to get bids and determine best fits for the budget and goals of the event
- Coordinate event logistics and services, including technology and equipment needed to run the event, food, drinks, transportation, lodging, and more
- Manage the event budget and ensure event stays within guidelines; Coordinate with Senior Vice President, Supply Chain Office to support vendors being paid
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience leading or producing online and in-person events
- Experience leading or producing a series of events unified by a theme or purpose
- Background in Communications or Event Planning
- Organizational, content-delivery and technical skills with a broad understanding of remote engagement and the technical programs associated: TEAMS, webinars, PowerPoint, social media platforms, etc.
- Natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Exhibits integrity, credibility and has a passion to support the department.
- Recognizes needs and designs engagement activities with the cultural profile and diversity of the Supply Chain community in mind.
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment
- Knowledgeable and respected in their sphere of influence and particularly understands the organization’s Engagement goals, objectives, and current available services
To apply for this opportunity and register as an American Red Cross volunteer, individuals must reside in the United States or on one of the United States Service to the Armed Forces stations. If you are an individual that does not meet this criteria , but are interested in volunteering with the Red Cross or Red Crescent Society in your country, please visit: https://www.ifrc.org/volunteer-us
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 4, 2021
- Supply Chain
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- 10+ hours/week