Social Media Coordinator
Brief description of the project:
The Okoa Project is currently searching for an experienced content creator to join our team. Digital media is incredibly crucial to nonprofits now more than ever; when we cannot meet our donors face to face, digital media is how we communicate with our donors to tell them about our programming successes, ask for donations, and thank them for their contributions. We have several important online campaigns coming up over the next 6 months, including Giving Tuesday and the release of our new brand. We are looking for a candidate with strong writing skills who can help shape the online voice of Okoa and someone who brings their own ideas to the table.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Writing copy for Okoa’s social media channels
- Selecting photos to use on Okoa’s social media channels
- Scheduling all content in HopperHQ
- Developing digital campaign ideas to help the Development Department achieve fundraising goals
- Attendance at weekly social media meetings
Keep in mind that this job description is an approximation of what the new hire will be doing. The Okoa Project is still in its startup phase, meaning that our team is small and it’s necessary for everyone to take on projects or tasks that might be outside of their direct job description or outside of their existing knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Knowledge, skills, abilities, and attitude (KSAAs):
- BA (completed or in progress) in communications, marketing, PR, media sciences, or related fields
- Excellent writing skills, strong grammar and spelling, attention to written detail
- Proficiency in using social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & LinkedIn
- Flexibility and adaptability in both work schedule and content of work
- Collaborative spirit and ability to work well with a small, diverse team
- Strong ability to work independently
- Time management, planning, and organizational skills
- An attitude to try - we’re a startup, and as such everyone does a bit of everything. You need an "all hands on deck" mentality and a willingness to try something outside of your existing KSAAs
- Previous work or volunteer experience in a content creation role
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience in event planning
- Experience living or working internationally
Please send your resume/CV and a cover letter describing your relevant experience and interest in the role with the subject Content Creator, Social Media Position to Emily Young at email@example.com.
About Moving Health
23 Drydock Avenue, Boston, MA 02210, US
To connect families to healthcare when they need it most.
Since 2016, Moving Health (formally The Okoa Project) has been redefining emergency transportation by addressing geographically neglected areas to address the health crises that these communities face every day by providing opportunities for safer, faster emergency care. Unlike other companies, our primary goal is to use human centered design to create solution that the communities actually want, making our solution more sustainable, cost effective, and reliable than alternative options.
Our work fills a desperately needed gap by providing sustainable, low-cost emergency transportation in areas that do not have any. Not only do our ambulances save lives, but our intersectional approach to global health and technology allows us to capture our impact with precision and create opportunities through learning and innovation.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 4, 2021
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Content Management Systems
- Database Administration
- 10-20 hours/week.