Blood Services Transportation Specialist- Carroll County, MD
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - National Capital & Greater Chesapeake Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
To safely transport blood from collection sites to the lab for processing and/or deliver blood or blood products to hospital customers.
- Transport blood from the collection site to Red Cross laboratory
- Transport finished blood or blood products to hospital customers as routine or "stat" deliveries
- Pick up empty boxes from hospitals as necessary
- Deliver supplies to blood collection sites as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures as necessary
- Communicate with Red Cross staff on feedback from customers or any urgent issues
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner as a representative of the American Red Cross
- Flexible hours. The minimum commitment is two shifts per month (any day of the week), each shift being 3-6 hours depending on the start location.
- Presently, as of 3/24, the need is greatest between 5 am-10 am, 7 days per week; however, shifts are available throughout the day and night.
- Option for on-call deliveries, such as stat blood request from a trauma center to treat a burn patient.
- Red Cross Vehicles are available for use at Baltimore and Fairfax locations. For those starting in Fairfax, there will be a stop in Baltimore on your lifesaving journey. Baltimore is one of the country's manufacturing and processing facilities.
- Willingness to support the Red Cross mission required
- Valid state driver's license and 3 years of licensed driving experience, required
- Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes, required
- Able to verify safe driving record (Note: An MVR check will be completed as a part of the interview process for this position), required
- Current insurance and state registration if using a personal vehicle, required
- Ability to lift 45 lbs., required
- Successful completion of the American Red Cross Transportation Specialist Training and Defensive Driving course upon acceptance in the position required
Length of Appointment
1 year +
89 More opportunities with American Red Cross - National Capital & Greater Chesapeake Region3 Reviews
About American Red Cross - National Capital & Greater Chesapeake Region
4700 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to a service member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Any where in countyWestminster, MD 21157
June 8, 2023
- Bus/Van Driving
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible hours. The minimum commitment is two shifts per month (any day of the week), each shift being 3-6 hours during daytime hours. Depending on start location. Presently, as of 3/24, the need is greatest between 5am-10am, 7 days per week;