Incubation Programme Head Volunteer for a Global Nonprofit (4-6 hrs/week)
Please apply for this opening at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScE-rVElLZFljlCoTtzh5OARiJwfoXgsaNPiPvKQAKwb9dFzg/viewform?usp=sf_link
We review applications on a rolling basis but encourage applicants to apply by October 31
BfE’s global Incubation Division maintains direct oversight of BfE’s multi-stage Incubation Programme for social enterprise startups across city chapters.
Incubation Division Goals:
- Improve the overall quality of the team deliverables created during the Incubation Programme to more effectively benefit our clients
- Provide a comprehensive library of training materials and resources for associates to learn from and leverage
- Oversee incubation engagements at the highest-level to ensure consistent communication with clients and a smooth transition between engagements
- Offer strategic guidance and support to chapter presidents regarding the incubation engagements led by their respective teams
- Lead a team of currently 6 global managers for Consulting, Finance Advisory, Legal Advisory and Technical Advisory
- Set overall divisional goals and objectives for the forthcoming academic year (two incubation rounds)
- Work closely with Impact Research to analyze post-engagement client feedback and suggest areas for improvement
- Maintain ultimate responsibility for ensuring positive, high-quality interactions between incubation teams and clients
- Organize and facilitate quarterly meetings with the leadership of BfE chapters
- Provide ad-hoc support and guidance to global managers and chapter presidents
- Oversee the development of a comprehensive library of training materials and resources for associates (BfE Academy)
- Serve as contact point for BfE’s Incubation Programme for internal and external stakeholders
- Lead strategic initiatives to improve the success of BfE’s incubation programme, including co-creative diagnostic sessions with entrepreneurs, mentors and students and internal/external events such as potential pitch events to the investor community
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communciation skills
- Very good organizational and leadership skills
- Demonstrated passion for BfE’s mission
- Experience in a stratup incubator or accelerator is considered an advantage.
- Apply your knowledge to make a change and empower social entrepreneurs in low-and-middle income countries
- Shape the strategy of the Incubation division, which is at the heart of BfE’s offering to startups around the world
- Join our dynamic global team and contribute to a growing network of diverse, talented and passionate BfE professionals, students and entrepreneurs across the world
About Bridges for Enterprise
St John's College, Cambridge, CB2 1TP, GB
We collaborate with early-stage social entrepreneurs in the developing world to scale business ventures and empower local communities.
Bridges for Enterprise (BfE) is a non-profit that provides pro bono advisory services to social innovators in the developing world. Through our flagship Incubation Programme, we support early-stage businesses with existing revenue and a clear mission to create social impact for their beneficiaries. The services are free of charge - and always will be - as we don’t believe that money should ever be a barrier for social entrepreneurs to receive additional support in scaling their ventures.
BfE is run by a global community of purpose-driven professionals and students. As a non-profit established in 2015, we expanded rapidly to operate from five student chapters and developed a client base spanning over 30 countries. We collaborate alongside a growing network of over 200 professional mentors who provide strategic guidance to chapter teams and assistance to startups.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 3, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Business Analysis
- Business Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Project Management
- This is a permanent volunteer role with an estimated commitment level of 4-6 hrs / week.
- Experience in a startup incubator or accelerator is considered an advantage