Looking for someone to help us provide tutoring through branding tactics! - Marketing Manager
Estimated Hours/Week: 15+ hours/week
Expected Commitment: 4+ months
About Pandemic Professors: Pandemic Professors is a nonprofit organization that offers free tutoring and mentorship to underserved students in low-income communities. The service was created to bridge the education gap caused by e-learning and the pandemic. We are a 100% volunteer- run organization and we do not have any paid positions.
- Be responsible for creating marketing briefs for each campaign, specifically identifying and honing the target audience, campaign objectives, and participate in tactical planning across Social Media, PR, Email, etc.
- Present and share briefs with cross-functional teams in marketing, creative/graphics, operations and development, and supervise the implementation of each campaign
- Be responsible for facilitating and managing team roles and developing processes to create efficiencies across various teams and departments
- Act as a steward of the Pandemic Professors brand, ensuring all marketing materials ladder up to the brand vision and guidelines
- Protect and enforce brand guidelines for our partners
- Guide creative teams while allowing for their own creativity to shine
- Track project timelines & traffic approvals to ensure on-time campaign launches & communicate across teams so they are aware of deadlines (with PM)
- Build relationships and work cross-functionally with Marketing team leads
- Website maintenance, recommendations and tracking with Search team
- Serve as Community Manager across all relevant social media channels
- Identify new ways to grow awareness for our organization: build plans and assemble teams to execute
- Keep a pulse on organization priorities and adapt/create plans that address current needs, I.e. recruiting tutors, ELL needs, etc.
- Work alongside the Brand Strategy team to ideate, finalize and execute the re-brand
- Assist in scheduling meetings across the Marketing squad
- Interest in marketing and branding
- Ability to manage other team members and multi-task
- Experience briefing teams preferred
- Experience working with research and identifying insights & target audience opportunities preferred
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Marketing or brand management or related experience a plus
If you are interested, please apply directly here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclAim-01fJDN9A0qzja1ZAoGC-GS8jo6lKLLGHvQiMixV1eA/viewform
About PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
512 W 156th St., Apt 22, New York City, NY 10032, US
The mission of Pandemic Professors is to facilitate free tutoring to children in low-income communities impacted by the pandemic.
At Pandemic Professors, we believe all K-12 students deserve an opportunity to receive free supplemental learning through private tutoring, in order to help them remain on track and meet their educational goals. Our organization was founded to match underserved students across the United States with free online tutors to more safely help during this unprecedented crisis and beyond.
Historically, students in underserved communities are at greater risk of falling behind in academics and socio-emotional skills. Much like Hurricane Katrina, the COVID-19 crisis is exacerbating the plethora of academic and personal challenges these students already face. Our organization presents students in low-income communities with opportunities to strengthen subject comprehension and boost confidence. The needs, strengths, and voices of the impacted students drive our family-centered philosophy and evidence-based practices.
Together with our partners, Pandemic Professors combats adverse effects on learning resulting from the pandemic and exacerbated by poverty. Students in underserved communities don’t lack a hunger for knowledge, they lack the means to access quality tutoring. Pandemic Professors provides effective tools for students to complete their K-12 education, and we will continue to work with our students after the pandemic until the educational gap is resolved. We sincerely hope you consider joining us in the fight to improve the lives of students adversely affected by poverty and the pandemic.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 2, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Content Management Systems
- Must be at least 18
- 15 hours a week for at least 4 months