Lead a Fundraising Team in Our Non-Profit!
We are looking for someone who has the drive, determination, commitment, and organizational skills to our fundraising to further our mission. The team manages donors, sponsorships, fundraisers, and grants. Like all the other teams in BxB Central, the team is small, but also extremely effective. There are currently around 2 team members, but that number fluctuates depending on where volunteers are needed most urgently.Fundraising Team Responsibilities
- Identify potential grants and sponsors
- Apply for grants and request sponsorships during the fall, winter, and spring quarter
- Meet with company representatives as the Bit by Bit spokesperson and discuss sponsorship opportunities
While we prefer applicants who have previous fundraising experience, it is not required to apply for this position. However, much of fundraising is the ability to communicate with others, whether it be donors or sponsors. Much of this communication is written through sponsorship letters or grant applications. As the fundraising team lead, we would like to see a strong ability to write concisely and persuasively along with effective communication skills. We understand that you may not be familiar with writing grants or sponsorship letters, but as long as you have a strong foundation in writing, learning how to do so should not be too difficult.
About BIT BY BIT CODING
11445 SW WOODLEE HEIGHTS CT, PORTLAND, OR 97219, US
Our mission is to diversify the community of ponderers and creators by equipping the next generation with the tools of technology, thinking, and leadership to improve the world, bit by bit.
We strive for low-cost programs to teach and encourage students, especially girls and other underrepresented youths in the STEM community, to code, to examine the world, and to lead. We currently offer three programs: Hello World, Form and Function, and Uncommon Sense. Hello World is a summer camp aimed at teaching middle school girls the inner workings of websites. Form and Function is a free after-school program empowering middle schoolers with the tools web development. Uncommon Sense allows high schoolers to examine the world critically and see things with a skeptical eye. For our paid programs, we ensure that scholarships are readily available to ensure all can enjoy our programs. In addition to sharing the gift of code and knowledge, we train student volunteers through hands-on learning to adopt the responsibility, initiative, and dedication critical to strong leadership. We started as a summer camp to teach middle school girls how to code, and the following year, we expanded to clubs for middle schools and high schools. In 2020, we also incorporated critical thinking as one of our services.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 25, 2021
- Financial Planning
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- The fundraising team will have weekly team and leadership meetings. Expect to prepare and attend these meetings along with managing additional meetings and work. The time commitment is flexible, but expect to put in around 6-8 hours a week.
- You must have some form of previous leadership experience, but it does not have to be formal, as well as an informal reference. Fundraising experience is preferred, but not required. Strong writing skills will also be required.