55 people are interested
Board of Directors, Member - Various Chairs
ORGANIZATION: International Ocean Film Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
55 people are interested
Launched in 2004, the International Ocean Film Foundation (IOFF) is a year-round ocean inspired conservation advocacy organization using the power of storytelling to raise awareness to protect our oceans. The film festival has a strong commitment to engage the next generation of ocean conservationists by offering the Education Program and the International Student Ocean Film Competition open to middle school and high school students around the world.
The role of an IOFF Board Director is to promote and endorse the IOFF efforts throughout the communities it serves, and act in a judicious manner and in accordance with fiduciary responsibility for the organization. As a volunteer team, the Board of Directors is responsible for effectively using media to advance conservation of our ocean one film at a time, including through organizing a world-class environmental film festival, securing top-notch speakers, enlarging our target audience and empowering youth with opportunities. To achieve this, Board members are expected to volunteer their time, skills, and knowledge to promote the festival to their personal and professional networks, provide strategic guidance and contribute their own initiatives and partnerships in an effort to fundraise and increase awareness about the mission of the festival and its programs. The Board of Director volunteer role is a four-year commitment.
We are looking for candidates with at least 3-5 years of board member experience, with specific experience in the following specialties:
- Education - Focus on educational opportunities for middle school and high school students through several programming efforst
- Marketing - Promote the IOFF brand and produce a Marketing Plan for year-round promotion of various education programs and the film festival. Oversee brand messaging across all media outlets: newsletter, website, and social media.
- Benefit Fundraiser - Oversee a team of co-chairs and volunteer committee members to produce and execute an outstanding Benefit in Spring 2024, designed to reach our fundraising goals to support out education initiatives. Building upon a strong foundation of existing donors, sponsors and friends of the festival serve as the visionary for achieve a fundraising goal while honoring a keynote speaker in the ocean community.
About International Ocean Film Foundation
Tides Thoreau Center, 1007 General Kennedy Drive #205, San Francisco, CA 94129, US
The mission of the International Ocean Film Festival is to be the premier global platform for ocean literacy and education through independent film.
The International Ocean Film Festival (IOFF), is the first and largest film festival focused on the ocean in the world.As a year-round ocean conservation organization the IOFF produces a multipole day in person film and lecture event that promotes awareness around the health of our oceans, and call to actions to protect it. Film programs include award winning independent films of all genres, on stage discussions with filmmakers and content experts, creating a unique public forum on the environmental, social, and cultural importance of the ocean's ecosystems, habitats and its resources. The IOFF has five main education initiatives to fulfill its mission:
- Global Online Student Ocean Film Program
- Free Student Ocean Film Field Trips
- International Student Film Competition
- International Traveling Program
- Annual Ocean Film Festival
IOFF will be celebrating it's 21st Anniversary on April 13-14, 2024 at Cowell Theater at Fort Mason Center for Arts & Culture in San Francisco, CA. With an expected attendance of 3,000 people, the IOFF serves as a beacon of hope and conversation for ocean lovers of all ages.
1007 General Kennedy Drive, Suite 205The PresidioThoreau Center for SustainabilitySan Francisco, CA 94129
September 10, 2023
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Strategic Planning
- Environmental Science
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- 10 hours per month with one monthly board meeting (10 months, no meetings August 2023 and April 2024).