1 person is interested
IT Discussion Facilitator
1 person is interested
Volunteer IT Professionals are needed to facilitate and lead discussions in our virtual group settings for emerging IT professionals across the state of South Carolina. The estimated time commitment is 1 hour per virtual discussion event for 3-4 events per year (total commitment of 3-4 hours).
Discussion Facilitators are needed to perform the following:
- Facilitate discussions among those who are either in the IT field or aspire to have IT careers. Some discussions will have guest panelists (IT executives, managers, subject matter experts). Some discussions will not have guest panelists and facilitators will present discussion content themselves and facilitate answer/questions from the group.
- Present discussion material if resources are relevant and necessary to facilitate discussions (such as PowerPoint, websites, etc.)
- Facilitate discussions virtually using our organization's Google Meet platform (must have reliable internet connection for video and audio). Facilitators will be issued a Google account from our organization.
- Schedule discussion events on our Meetup group's board with Google Meet invitation (video and audio connection information).
- On occasion, post discussion recap or resources on the group's message board in Meetup. Facilitators will join the virtual Meetup group to post to the message board.
The ideal candidate must be reliable and a self-starter. The ideal candidate will have good people skills and group discussion facilitating skills. The ideal person must be a good listener and allowing others to share or ask questions in a small group setting. This is a good leadership opportunity for those who aspire to grow in their ability to lead discussions in small groups on various Information & Technology topics.
Volunteer must be a resident of South or North Carolina.
Those interested should respond to this posting or email email@example.com to share interest. A volunteer registration form will be sent to candidates based on openings available and matching candidate criteria.
About Ron Howell Foundation
P.O. Box 292151, Columbia, SC 29229, US
To equip and empower young men and women who aspire to lead in the field of information technology.
The Ron Howell Foundation is a non-profit organization equipping and empowering young people with leadership aspirations in the field of information technology. We provide programs and services to young people in the Berkeley, Columbia, and other counties in South Carolina. Information and related technologies are used in every industry (government, academic, healthcare, retail, hospitality, sports, music, etc.). Effective IT leadership is critical in every industry. Our foundation seeks to identify and develop high school and college aged young people with early aspirations of matriculating through the field of Information Technology into leadership roles, such as IT supervisors, managers, directors and executives. With the help of our foundation and the generous support of donors, young IT leaders will reach their personal leadership goals with less obstacles.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 2, 2021
- IT Strategy
- IT Management
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 21
- About 1 hour per event. We typically desire 1 event every three months (4 for the year). Therefore the total time commitment for a given year would be around 4 hours.
- Volunteer must be a resident of South or North Carolina.