We are adding to our team and are looking to fill several volunteer positions.
- Event coordinator - This person would have a background/experience/education in fundraising event planning. They would be in charge of planning events, obtaining venues and coordinating vendors, etc. This person would form smaller planning committees and volunteer groups for the events, etc. Would be responsible to be knowledgeable on the financial needs of each event. Would present options and progress at board meetings.
This is a volunteer position, working from home and attending events, meetings, etc. One board meeting per month virtually, once a quarter it's an in-person meeting in the Maple Grove and/or Albertville area.
About FIREFIGHTERS WITH PTSD
705 5TH ST N, DASSEL, MN 55325, US
Firefighters With PTSD is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to bridging the gap in relation to mental wellness resources and access for first responders & veterans with PTSD. We focus on advocacy, public awareness and creating access to service and emotional support dogs through our programs and partners. We proudly serve all first responders and veterans with honor, dignity, and understanding.
We are focused on changing the lives of first responders and veterans with PTSD. We do this through training service dogs, advocacy and raising awareness to the issues facing many of the men and women in these positions.
- Service Dogs in our training program first responders/veterans train their dogs, hands on through the whole process of becoming a service dog.
- Advocacy for better mental wellness training, benefits and treatments for first responders/veterans.
- Awareness of PTSD in our first responders and veterans.
123 Mostly From HomeMaple Grove, MN 55369
October 1, 2021
- General Education
- Financial Literacy
- Cost Analysis
- Program Management
- Professional Development
- All depends on the event, upcoming events will require more planning and time, up to 10 hours a week. Other times you may not do much at all outside of social media pushes for the event.
- Someone who is organized, works well and is detail oriented. Thinks outside the box and manages cost extremely well.