Board Member for Hey Mentor: College Mentorship Nonprofit
Passionate about mentorship and college access?
Hey Mentor is a Seattle-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that connects under-resourced students in King County Washington to a network of college and career mentors. Through free, online mentoring and insightful workshops, students gain access to resources that help them overcome barriers to college success. Visit our site: www.heymentor.org .
Our mission is guided by the belief that all students, regardless of socio-economic status, should have the opportunity to pursue higher education and achieve a successful career.
What is the board’s role at Hey Mentor?
The Hey Mentor board provides oversight to the organization by recognizing the community's needs and utilizing our funds in support of our mission. Board members are expected to participate in quarterly board meetings, serve on board committees and/or hold an officer position as needed, and support fundraising efforts through personally significant annual gifts, connecting to other giving opportunities, and helping with grants, events, networking, and outreach.
- 2 or more years of professional work experience
- Fundraising experience for nonprofits
- Demonstrated interest in nonprofits, youth, and college access.
- Employees from Fortune 500, Tech Companies, Foundations, Media companies, or Banks/Credit Unions.
- Experience in product/project management, software development, accounting/finance, law, marketing/communications, grant writing, event planning, education technology, or human resource.
- Ideal candidates would have connections to local businesses, high schools, or college/universities.
- Ability to contribute at least $20 per month individually.
To Apply: Please send your resume and a one-paragraph cover letter answering why you are interested in joining Hey Mentor to firstname.lastname@example.org . People are color, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQIA2+ folx are strongly encouraged to apply. Also, please fill out this short google form: https://forms.gle/WgyFQrjQv9xUK95B9
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Hey Mentor
2725 SW Macarthur LN, Seattle, WA 98126, US
To support underserved students in navigating pathways to college and career success.
Hey Mentor is a college mentorship non-profit organization based in Seattle, WA. We are a community of college students, graduates, and more importantly, motivated individuals with an innovative approach to supporting students with limited access to college and career guidance. We strive to reduce the opportunity and achievement gaps impacting low-income students by increasing accessibility of college services. By providing an online platform for mentors and students to connect directly on Facebook, we created a more accessible way for students to access resources at ease.
UW Seattle Kane HallSeattle, WA 98195
October 1, 2021
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Program Management
- Software Development
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours per month