International Law Youth Action Campaign Coordinator
Every day we hear about the consequences of war and the suffering of the victims of armed conflict. Join in the effort to raise awareness about the rules of war. The International Humanitarian Law (IHL) Youth Action Campaign (YAC)- Regional Coordinator manages the YAC program at a regional level. The YAC program informs youth ages 13-24 about IHL and encourages youth to build a peer-to-peer awareness campaign on an IHL topic.
Volunteer Responsibilities include:
- A passion for working with youth and an interest in IHL.
- Participate in the monthly call during the implementation of the program.
- Recruit teams of youth IHL advocates from your region to participate in the program.
- Implement the IHL training for youth teams and help them to design their campaigns on an IHL topic.
- Attend the Coordinator Training administered by NHQ.
- At least one-year appointment.
- Approximately 10 - 20 hours a month; 3-4 hours a week with youth teams during the implementation of the campaign (school year).
About American Red Cross / Northwest Region
1900 25th Ave South, Seattle, WA 98114, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Various Locations King CoSeattle, WA 98144
October 18, 2021
- Program Management
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- 10-20 hours a month