Multiple Volunteer Opportunities
THE TASKS OF VOLUNTEERS MAY INCLUDE:
- Helping with office support tasks at the agency
- Running errands for patients and families
- Staying with patients so family members can get a much-needed rest
- Reading, or providing a comforting touch
- Playing or singing soothing music to patients
- Keeping vigil with patients in their final hours
- Providing a friendly visit to lift a patient's spirits
- Visiting patients with your certified pet therapy animal to enhance quality of life for patients
- Vet-to-Vet Program (support patients who are veterans)
- Helping with memorial events and grief camp
* We suggest volunteers wait a minimum of one year following the death of a loved one to volunteer. This allows adequate time to make appropriate adjustments after a significant personal loss.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ProMedica/Heartland Hospice
907 W State St., Suite A, Fremont, OH 43420, US
Enriching Life We believe wholeheartedly in the power of the individual, the importance of relationships and the value of respect and dignity to everyone at every stage of life. Our goal is to create a positive difference every day, to make a personal connection and to create memorable moments that will enrich your life. COUNTIES SERVED: Crawford, Defiance, Erie, Fulton, Hancock, Henry, Huron, Lorain, Lucas, Morrow, Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca, Williams, Wood, Wyandot
Hospice Doesn’t Mean Giving Up Hope
We provide care wherever you call home: in your house, a skilled nursing center, an assisted living facility or independent living facility. Our caregivers help create individualized care plans, set personal goals, and manage pain and symptoms. Every patient is different. With different challenges, different needs, different family and friends. So the care we give each patient is different.
Multiple locations Fremont, OH 43420
October 1, 2021
- Office Reception
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Hours are flexible and can be worked around your schedule.