Disaster deployment! Shelter workers needed now.
This is a life-changing opportunity to help others before, during, and/or after a disaster!! Shelter Service Associates support day-to-day activities within a shelter. You could be assigned various roles during a deployment, all geared toward comforting clients who may be facing highly stressful situations. YOU can offer some light during a very dark moment.
- Candidates are at least 18-years old.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be willing to deploy for up to 2-weeks, working full shifts each day.
- Complete four hours of training.
The hours are long. The work is hard. The experience will change you forever.
APPLY HERE: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=3288&h=234&p=1682019
The American Red Cross relies on volunteers just like YOU! If you're in a position to deploy during the pandemic, this is a great opportunity to meet other volunteers and help others! If this opportunity isn't the right fit, we have many others! Connect with us!
About American Red Cross - Eastern New York Region
33 Everett Road, Albany, NY 12205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Albany, NY 12203
October 11, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must be able to deploy for a minimum of 14 days.
- -Willing and able to volunteer in-person in a disaster shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event. -Ability to work in a continuously changing environment in which work priorities may change frequently.