Volunteer Podcast Producer
Volunteer Podcast Producer
Reports to: ACC Resource Development Manager
Location: Arlington, Virginia and Remote
Job Type: One Year (October 2020-September 2021)
Pay: $1,000 stipend
Working in collaboration with the Co-Sponsorship and Donation Coordinator to produce podcast episodes from start to finish for Resettled: A Human Journey.
- Assists in the creation, production, and editing of podcast episodes.
- Planning and preparing episode topics and interview questions.
- Hosting and recording with a co-host or guest.
- Writing brief show notes for each episode.
- Creates social media content to promote the podcast.
- Conducts outreach to build new relationships with subject matter experts.
- Assists in conducting research, as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Interest/Knowledge in editing, content creation, online marketing, and broadcasting
- Previous experience working in multicultural contexts is desirable
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Proficient with podcast editing software
- Ability to plan and manage work to meet deadlines
- Strong research skills
At least 1-2 full days/week required.
Please submit a (1) cover letter and (2) resume to email@example.com.
Applications are considered on a first come, first served rolling basis.
About Ethiopian Community Development Council
8121 Georgia Avenue, Suite 800, Silver Spring, MD 20910, US
ECDC's mission is to resettle refugees, promote cultural, educational, and socioeconomic development in the refugee and immigrant community in the United States, and conduct humanitarian and development programs in the Horn of Africa. To pursue this mission, ECDC: provides programs and services that assist newcomers to the country become productive members of their new American communities fosters greater understanding among newcomers and the wider community conducts outreach and education activities to increase public awareness about refugee and immigrant issues promotes African community-based organizations increase their capacity to serve their local communities promotes civic participation by newcomers in the decision-making process at the local, state, and national levels provides cross-cultural training to service providers' on the diverse cultural backgrounds of the clients they work with assists in educational development and cultural preservation projects in Ethiopia
ECDC is non-profit organization that works toward the resettlement of refugees within the United States. We conduct case work, as well as educational and social outreach programs for newly arrived refugee families. These programs are aimed to help the families recover from past traumatic experiences, get adjusted to American life, and become economically self-sufficient contributing members of their new communities. The refugees we work with refugees come from all across the globe.
Some of the services that we provide refugee families include:
- Housing and rent for 3 months (families will hopefully be self-sufficient by this time)
- Basic home furnishings
- Enrollment in ESL classes
- Setting up medical and social security appointments
- School enrollment for the children
- Helping refugee families connect with their new communities on a social and logistical level
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 1, 2021
- Orientation or Training
- 8-16 hours per week