Caseworkers are a lifeline during disasters. Help families recover!
This is an amazing opportunity to help someone in a time of need. You'll also meet others devoted to public service! American Red Cross volunteers are dedicated to supporting friends, neighbors, and strangers when they are in distress. We want to give clients tools for a financial and emotional recovery from disasters. Can you help?
* Interview new clients and open a Red Cross Case file.
* Connect qualified clients with financial assistance.
* Provide Follow-up and Recovery Planning Services. ·
* Make Internal & Community Referrals for problem-solving.
The hours are long. The work is hard. The experience will change you forever.
+Local/Regional: A full 8 or 12-hour shift during a disaster relief operation, working consecutive days.
+Beyond region: Travel accommodations provided for 14-day minimum missions, working 8 or 12-hour shifts daily.
*In an ever-changing world, inquire about virtual opportunities at the time you speak to our team for the latest update on any position.
- Must be at least 18-years-old
- Comfortable working with staff and clients from different backgrounds
- Valid Driver’s License
*9 hours of virtual, self-paced, training required for position.
APPLY HERE: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=3288&h=234&p=1682019
The American Red Cross relies on volunteers just like YOU! If you're in a position to deploy during the pandemic, this is a great opportunity to meet other volunteers and help others! If this opportunity isn't the right fit, we have many others! Connect with us!
About American Red Cross - Eastern New York Region
33 Everett Road, Albany, NY 12205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Granville, NY 12832
October 18, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- *9 hours of virtual, self-paced, training required for position. See description!
- -Ability to work in a continuously changing environment in which work priorities may change frequently.