Title: Development Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the role of the Development Director is to build and execute the development plan. This includes creating an annual fundraising plan, as well as the development and implementation of marketing and fundraising strategies which are both cost-effective and time-efficient.
- Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization's resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
- In conjunction with Accounting and Compliance, responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Ensures that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
- Create a team of staff and volunteer fundraisers to carry out the fundraising plan
- Placement of staff and volunteers in positions suited to their abilities
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Seek out sponsors
- Plan, organize, promote, implement and evaluate fundraisers and other events
- Submit monthly proceeds earnings to Executive Director
Other Assigned Duties:
- Attend and participate in all volunteer meetings
- Aid in social media outreach
About Brighter Tanzania Foundation
8383 GREENWAY BLVD, PMB 633, MIDDLETON, WI 53562, US
Our mission is to alleviate poverty and inequality in Tanzania through education and support of the local economy.
Brighter Tanzania Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to the development and success of educational centers in Tanzania. Our schools provide education for orphaned and impoverished students at no charge through charitable donations and student sponsorship.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 1, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Long term: 6+ months
- Please submit a resume/CV and brief cover letter to be considered.