Title: Content Creator
Reports to: Social Media Manager
The Content Creator is responsible for writing and proofing web content for social media publication, the BTF website, and our blog. All assignments will come from the Social Media Manager and will reflect the current needs of the organization. Writing styles will vary based on a given project, and may be as varied as educational pieces, white papers, editorials, press releases, or Tweets.
- Research ideas and facts pertinent to the type of content/topic assigned
- Develop ideas derived from research and organize utilizing Slack, Asana, and other web-based applications
- Sort out workable ideas by a process of elimination and keep eliminated ideas stored for future reference
- Liaise with Social Media Manager as necessary for approval
- Develop engaging content for articles, blogs, stories and social media to entice and engage audience
- Proofread content for errors or additions and ensure that content is written per instructions
- Ensure that web page content is edited properly to increase on-screen readability
- Ensure that content contains sufficient keywords for search engine optimization
- Develop titles and headlines our audience will be interested in
- Rewrite, paraphrase or write content from scratch depending on specific instructions provided
- Become an advocate for the organization in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
Other assigned duties:
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings
- Provide coordination and participation in fundraising activities
About Brighter Tanzania Foundation
8383 GREENWAY BLVD, PMB 633, MIDDLETON, WI 53562, US
Our mission is to alleviate poverty and inequality in Tanzania through education and support of the local economy.
Brighter Tanzania Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to the development and success of educational centers in Tanzania. Our schools provide education for orphaned and impoverished students at no charge through charitable donations and student sponsorship.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 1, 2021
- Technical Writing
- Reading / Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Critical Thinking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Long term: 6+ months
- Please submit a resume/CV and writing samples to be considered.