1 person is interested
Social Media Copy Editor
1 person is interested
Housed in the Campaigns Department, the Social Media Team strategizes, organizes, and produces all content for Fandom Forward’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok accounts. This volunteer position will review the draft copy for social media platforms and occasionally for other projects in the Campaigns Department such as email blasts, press releases, and the website. We’re looking for someone with a natural talent for editing, familiarity with social media standards, and a reliable work ethic.
This position reports to the Social Media Team Lead and will require an average of 7 volunteer hours per week.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Edit each post’s text and correct for grammar, spelling, punctuation errors and correct links.
- Ensure all stories posted on Fandom Forward’s social media accounts represent the FF brand voice and tone.
- Complete other copy editing tasks as assigned.
- Keep abreast of all relevant updates to social media channels and trends.
- Attend regular Social Media Team meetings and all-staff meetings via Google Hangout.
- Demonstrated experience with copy editing for social media or online publications a plus.
- Detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Familiarity with Google Drive applications and all common social media platforms.
- Interest in social change and activism.
- Interest in stories, fandom, and popular culture.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Katie C. at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be in touch soon if we wish to set up an interview.
About Fandom Forward
P.O. Box 241, Binghamton, NY 13903, US
Fandom Forward turns fans into heroes. We’re changing the world by making activism accessible through the power of story. Since 2005, we’ve engaged millions of fans through our work for equality, human rights, and literacy.
Since 2005, Fandom Forward has engaged thousands of fans in social activism. Our members and chapters have raised over $123,000 for Partners In Health and sent five cargo planes of life-saving supplies to Haiti, compelled Warner Bros. to change the sourcing of their Harry Potter chocolate to be 100% UTZ or Fairtrade, and donated of over 315,000 books across the world through our Accio Books campaign, among much more!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 30, 2021
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- 7 hours/week
- English proficiency