Spay & Neuter Coordinator
Role: Spay & Neuter Coordinator
Location: Spokane/CDA area
Hours Required: 5 hours weekly
This is a volunteer position. This person will schedule dogs for spay and neuter. This person will report to the Medical Director.
Key Results Area #1 - Willingness to help
- Using preferred contact for Case Managers (Messenger, Text, phone calls, etc) so they can inform their Fosters when their spay/neuter appointment is for the foster dog.
Key Results Area #2 - Prompt communication before appointment
- Timely coordination with Case Managers, giving their Fosters enough time to arrange transportation of dogs to the vet
Key Results Area #3 - Follow up after appointment
- Communicate with the Case Managers day after surgery to check in on puppies
- eating/drinking/bathroom normal
- Able to keep quiet and incision site left alone
- Pain medications if needed, first 24-48 hours are most painful
- If foster has further concerns, direct them to their region medic
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About PATH OF HOPE RESCUE
311 E RICH AVE, SPOKANE, WA 99207, US
Our mission is to decrease the euthanasia of high risk dogs in the Southern United States by transporting pregnant dogs and puppies to the Pacific Northwest to find adoptive homes.
Path of Hope Rescue exists to rescue pregnant dogs and puppies under six months old. Since its creation in 2018, Path of Hope Rescue has helped over 1,000 moms and pups find their forever homes. While we believe in saving every dog conceived, we focus on puppies and pregnant mamas from shelters with high euthanasia rates in the Southern United States. We spay and neuter every single dog we rescue to ensure that we do not contribute to the massive overpopulation that results in thousands of dogs euthanized every year across the country. We set them up for the best possible life by careful screening of adoptive homes, continuing education, resources and training incentives to keep dogs in the home--FOREVER. We are a foster based rescue and therefore do not have a kennel location to visit.
Multiple locations Spokane, WA 99207
September 30, 2021
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- 5 hours a week
- Available to physically be at vet location to check in all dogs scheduled that day (usually between 8:30am-9am on a weekday)