Make a Difference in a Terminally Ill Person's Life
ORGANIZATION: Gentiva Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
Kindred Hospice - Palm Coast is seeking volunteers to provide companionship to patients in their homes in Flagler County and Palm Coast.
- Be at least 18 years of age to volunteer directly with patients.
- Application, reference check, background check, fingerprinting, drug screening, and TB test (all at no cost!!)
- Hospice volunteer orientation and annual training.
- Must be able to transport self to and from patient home; may not be dropped off.
Volunteers provide friendly, non-medical visits to hospice patients in their homes; involves no hands-on care.
Types of direct care might include:
- Caregiver relief
- Reading, playing cards, or playing games
- Conducting life review
- Performing/playing music
- Arts/crafts with patient
Scheduling is flexible; generally 2 hours 1 x per week. All visits take place in patient home.
For more information, please respond to this ad.
Thank you for your interest in being a Kindred Hospice Volunteer!
About Gentiva Hospice
160 Cypress Point Pkwy, Suite D-104, Palm Coast, FL 32164, US
To provide compassionate care and extraordinary service to the patients and the families we serve.
We believe hospice care can be something more
The most important time is the time you have together-with friends, with family, with loved ones. Many people think hospice is only about end-of-life care, but it’s so much more than that. We help people with life-limiting illnesses, along with their loved ones, make the most of every moment.
Multiple locations Palm Coast, FL 32164
August 25, 2022
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours 1 x week.
- **MUST BE FULLY COVID VACCINATED.** Ability to transport self to and from patient home.