2 people are interested
Career Counselor/Job Seeker Training Program Volunteer
2 people are interested
BEST Hospitality Training is a non-profit workforce development organization focused on the hospitality and healthcare industries and affiliated with UNITE HERE Local 26. It is our goal to prepare and place our students into quality jobs, namely jobs that provide living wages, benefits, and career pathways. Our volunteer will provide a high level of participation in our job seeker training programs, and will offer career support, job placement, and job retention services to our clients.
Organization: BEST Hospitality Training
Position Title: Career Counselor/Job Seeker Training Program Volunteer
Location: Majority is virtual; occasional in-person at Boston or Medford sites
Hours: Part-Time, flexible hours
- Participate in the selection process of our job seeker classes, screening applicants and determining their program compatibility.
- Assist clients with resume and cover letter preparation, submitting online applications, and preparing them for interviews.
- Assist with class preparation, online classes, administrative duties, and more.
- Interest in working with diverse populations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with positive and enthusiastic demeanor.
- Strong technology skills and the patience to work with individuals remotely using technology.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative.
This volunteer opportunity will provide exposure to the full-cycle employment process from selection, training, application, placement, to retention. It will also allow the volunteer to work with an online adult education program serving a diverse population.
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to: Lori Sylvia at Lsylvia@BESThtc.org.
For more information, please visit www.BESThtc.org and https://www.facebook.com/hospitalitytrainingcenter.
About BEST Hospitality Training
101 Station Lndg #4, Medford, MA 02155, US
Our mission is to provide individuals with the education, skills, and training to excel in the hospitality industry and in their personal lives.
BEST Hospitality Training is the education provider for members of the Local 26 hotel workers union. We offer English, GED, Citizenship, and Computer classes, as well as Food Server, Room Attendant, and Culinary Training. Our students come from all over the world. We are proud of the warm, inviting atmosphere we have created here, and look forward to having more volunteers become a part of it.
Multiple locations Medford, MA 02155
September 30, 2021
- Adult Education
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be at least 18