1 person is interested
Digital Fundraising Volunteer
1 person is interested
If you are a whizz at Social Media and enjoy communicating with people at all levels, we have the perfect role for you as part of a busy and friendly team. Facebook Fundraising is where it’s at right now and we are looking for someone who can help us to provide a great experience to all our awesome supporters using this platform. We will give you the ultimate team-working experience as part of the Fundraising Events and Supporter Engagement Team for the UK's leading charity for young cancer patients whilst you acquire essential office skills which are totally transferrable. You will also develop knowledge, skills and experience in the rapidly growing world of digital fundraising and grow your communication skills by liaising with our amazing supporters across a variety of channels.
What will you be doing?
- Learning to use GivePanel, an awesome online platform which helps us ensure our Facebook Fundraisers get the ultimate #TeamYoungLives experience.
- Giving Facebook Fundraisers a warm, Young Lives vs Cancer welcome and finding out all about what they’re up to.
- Wishing our wonderful Birthday fundraisers the happiest of birthdays with snazzy GIFs!
- Rounding off our fundraisers’ experience with a massive thank you to make them feel super special and keep them coming back to our fundraising family!
You will be organised and methodical and be keen to learn new processes and have good written and verbal communication skills. If you have some basic IT skills that would be great although we will provide training so you are fully equipped for your role.
We are looking for volunteers who can commit 2 days per week during office hours of 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday and can be flexible to fit in with your other commitments. This is a flexible role and can be undertaken remotely or if you would prefer to part of our awesome team you can join us in our office in Bristol BS1 2NT.
We will provide full training for the role and the support of a dedicated Volunteer Manager.
About Young Lives vs Cancer
No. 1 Farriers Yard Assembly London, 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, London, W6 8JA, GB
Young Lives vs Cancer helps families find the strength to face everything cancer throws at them. We’ve been there before. We’ll face it all, together.
When a child is diagnosed with cancer it threatens everything, for them and their family.
At a time when they should be busy being children, enjoying their rollercoaster teenage years or finding their feet at uni, life becomes full of fear. Fear of treatment, but also of families being torn apart, of overwhelming money worries, mental health stretched to breaking point, of having nowhere to turn, no one to talk to.
At Young Lives vs Cancer, we get that. We are the charity that helps children and young people (0-25) and their families find the strength to face whatever cancer throws at them.
We know everyone's different, so we work hard to make sure each family has what they need to get through cancer. Children and young people with cancer deserve the same opportunities as anyone else. We’ll always have their back, because we’ve been there before.
Powered by the kindness of our supporters, we’ll face it all together .
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 30, 2021
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- We are looking for volunteers who can commit 2 days per week during office hours of 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday and can be flexible to fit in with your other commitments.
- You must be UK based and complete an application form and provide two references. For more information visit our website https://www.younglivesvscancer.org.uk/join-our-fight/get-volunteering/from-your-home/