SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
The mission of The Freedom Memorial is to promote the legacy of Martin Luther and Coretta Scott King through education and outreach. Our growing nonprofit is seeking enthusiastic volunteers who are passionate about civil rights, equality, and empowerment. We are interested in welcoming interested volunteers who can commit to driving our message forward online and in-person. We are based in Allentown, PA however we are willing to expand our team nationwide.
All volunteers are expected to abide by and fulfill The Freedom Memorial vision and mission. Volunteers are to act in accordance with the expectations and policies of The Freedom Memorial .
This position is for a social media manager for our Facebook and Instagram accounts. We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer who can help us educate, empower, and connect our audience online. We are looking for someone who has a background in social media and/or someone who is currently pursuing a career in social media. As a part of this role, we prefer to have a volunteer who is also comfortable with creating content. We can provide ample photos and content, however, we also need someone who can create new and appealing content. We will provide training for our new selected team members related to content creation.
You will be expected to learn the details of our various programs as well as give us feedback on the information that you find you will need from us.
All Facebook Admin volunteers must post 3 - 4 posts per day spaced approximately 3 - 4 hours apart. Additionally, they must monitor comments and interact with followers on their scheduled posting day(s).
Time commitment: Part-time, minimum of 10 hours per week. Hours are flexible but we do ask for a consistent schedule.
- Volunteers should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels.
- Ability to present concepts in new ways and from a new perspective
- Prove knowledge of new marketing language
- Previous social media managers are encouraged to apply
- Proven experience in social media
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good organizational ability
- Fluency in English
- Coursework or interest in Communications, Marketing, or Business
About MARTIN LUTHER AND CORETTA SCOTTKING MEMORIAL PROJECT
PO BOX 1356, ALLENTOWN, PA 18105, US
To commemorate the life and continue the work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. & Coretta Scott King, by developing a memorial, programs and initiatives to honor the King Family and address issues of civil rights, world peace and economic equity for all.
We are a small, mighty, impassioned group of volunteer with the following mission: To commemorate the life and continue the work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. & Coretta Scott King, by developing a memorial, programs and initiatives to honor the King Family and address issues of civil rights, world peace and economic equity for all.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 29, 2021
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment: Part-time, minimum of 10 hours per week. Hours are flexible but we do ask for a consistent schedule.