6 people are interested
Gift Shop Assistant
6 people are interested
Grace Cole Jones Gift Shop
Volunteer Assistant, Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk, CT
1. Exceptional customer service skills: Greet and welcome all customers and potential customers in the Gift Shop. Offer services or help and thank each shopper and invite them to return in the near future. Identify and report all products and services that are requested by customers to the Retail Coordinator. Address both phone and internet request with the highest level of courtesy.
2. Exceptional organizational skills:Ability to prioritize, organize, follow-up, and complete all duties assigned. Arrive to work on time and ready to work. Conduct weekly inventory checks as well as price checks. Maintain and demonstrate complete knowledge of all store products, services, hours of operation, and scheduled daily group activities
3. Exceptional attention to detail: Make sure Gift Shop remains clean. Make sure products are displayed according to product placement instructions. Make sure displays are full. Be observant to help prevent both internal and external theft
4. Accurate use of the POS: Collect Money. Provide accurate reports based on retail sales activity.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
6. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
Required: High School Diploma, One year retail experience in a department store or specialty store, Ability to achieve assigned sales goals, Ability to manage retail operations in the absence of the Retail Coordinator, Previous cashiering experience, Ability to perform basic mathematical computations, use legible written communication, and speak in a pleasant manner using proper grammar, Ability to work in a team environment.
Minimum Experience: one year
Desired: Ability to assist with visual merchandising, lighting, signage, space plan, fixture layout, General office duties such as filing, correspondence, mail, faxing, etc., Ability to drive sales and increase bottom line profits , must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- 10:00 AM to 03:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Norwalk Hospital
34 Maple Street, Norwalk, CT 06856, US
Where some see impossible, we see what’s possible. At Nuvance Health, we continually strive for progress and push past the status quo in all aspects of what we do. We are Nuvance Health!
Our hospitals, medical practices and care centers are located throughout New York’s Hudson Valley and Western Connecticut. At every location, you’ll find:
- Excellent, convenient care: You don’t need to travel to get the care you deserve. At Nuvance Health, we match major medical center standards of care and innovation with the comforts and familiarity of a community health system.
- Personalized approach: We understand each person is unique, and your care should be as well. We take time to get to know you so we can tailor care plans to meet your needs and lifestyle.
- Connected team: You have the full strength of our talented team on your side. Our specialists collaborate to create a customized, comprehensive care plan just for you.
34 Maple StreetNorwalk, CT 06850
September 29, 2021
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must commit to a minimum of six months of service. One year preferred.