FlightSpan Subscriber Support Specialist
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote
JAARS is actively seeking a talented individual to join our software engineering team to provide support to our FlightSpan subscribers. FlightSpan is a software suite that provides a set of innovative flight operations management tools to mission aviation organizations operating in remote contexts around the world.
- Develop and maintain training materials for FlightSpan
- Onboard new subscribers, including data migration and initial training
- Manage subscriber feedback and assist in triaging bug reports and feature requests
- Collaborate with the development team to define new app features
- Work closely with the development team to ensure that design changes and bug fixes adequately address issues raised by our subscribers
- Manage the process of extracting and digitizing aircraft weight and balance and performance data from Aircraft Flight Manuals for new aircraft types that are added to FlightSpan
- Assist in testing new features for accuracy and ease of use
- Work with our subscribers to provide them with excellent product support as they use FlightSpan in their flight operations
- Develop and maintain training materials, providing individualized training to users
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Aviation operations experience (pilot experience preferred)
- Affinity for tech and software solutions
- Excellent spreadsheet competency and a working knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and application interface guidelines
- Strong communication skills with a user/customer-centric focus and an always-learning mindset
- A well-developed coaching and training skillset
- Enjoy working with software, a timely and clear communicator and have a strong aptitude for coaching and training
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 29, 2021
- Database Administration
- IT Consulting
- Macintosh Platform
- People 55+
- Background Check