Help neighbors in crisis. Join the Disaster Action Team!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Eastern New York Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Disaster Action Team (DAT)
YES...you can get training to change someone's life. You sign up. The American Red Cross will take it from there. This is an incredible opportunity to help neighbors facing a disaster!! The American Red Cross is committed to providing volunteer support to families in crisis. YOU can be a lifeline for friends, neighbors, and strangers.
- *Virtually connect families in your county with the resources they need.
- *Stay connected with disaster response teams and supervisors.
- *Check out our (pre-COVID) Disaster and DAT team video here
- *Attend monthly meetings with the team.
- *Average of 4 to 5 hours of actual worked time.
- *Complete series of virtual self-led trainings.
- *In an ever-changing world, inquire about virtual opportunities at the time you speak to our team for the latest update on any position.
- *Comfortable with phone & computer, reliable internet access.
- *Stable interaction with diverse clients facing stressful situations.
- *Independent problem-solver with attention to detail.
The American Red Cross relies on volunteers just like YOU! This is a great opportunity to meet other volunteers and help others! If this opportunity isn't the right fit, we have many others! Connect with us!
About American Red Cross - Eastern New York Region
33 Everett Road, Albany, NY 12205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Oswego, NY 13126
October 4, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Attend a monthly meeting. After self-led training, commit to several hours a month.
- -Ability to work in a continuously changing environment in which work priorities may change frequently. - Reliable communications connections (phone/internet).