3 people are interested
Executive Director, BRINGiT For A Better Planet,Acterra
3 people are interested
Job Type: Part-Time
Start from: TBD - as soon as possibleAbout the Organization
BRINGiT For A Better Planet (BFABP) is a nonprofit project founded in 2020; it is fiscally sponsored by Acterra (acterra.org). BFABP’s mission is to eliminate plastic produce bags by raising consumer awareness about the scope of the problem and partnering with other nonprofits for legislative change.Job Description
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing overall operations and strategic planning for this nonprofit project. He/she/it/they will set the direction and priorities of the team and act as a representative for BFABP with the fiscal sponsor and within the plastic pollution advocacy community.Responsibilities
- Ensure that the organization’s mission is being properly and optimally executed.
- Update or revise the vision and strategic plan for the organization as needed.
- Develop and evaluate new programs to help BFABP achieve its mission.
- Monitor the progress of the Break Free from Plastic Pollution Act (BFFPPA). Once the bill has been passed, the ED will develop and execute a plan to support the rollout of the produce bag pilot programs included in the bill.
- Monitor and influence local bag law initiatives to include produce bags.
- Oversee the organization’s financial accounts and budgeting in partnership with the fiscal sponsor.
- Recruit, lead, and motivate the group’s team members.
- Align programs and campaigns around available funds, and develop and support fundraising activities as needed to support additional program ideas.
- Serve as the face for the organization externally.
- Represent BFABP at events and activities.
- Must have 5 years of senior management experience
- Proven leadership ability and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Good communication skills, including written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, great problem-solving skills, as well as planning and organizational skills
- Must have budgeting experience
- Must have good computer skills including a working knowledge of Google’s business suite and Asana task management program
- A passion for the organization’s mission and a positive outlook for making a substantial impact on the plastic produce bag problem
- Must have great relationship-building skills, integrity, and an understanding of ethical business practices
The Executive Director role is a volunteer position. There is funding in place to keep operations going at the current burn rate without fundraising for 3+ years. This assumes all team members are volunteers. If a candidate is able and interested in fundraising for a larger budget, then salaries can be offered.
As with the budget, the incoming ED will be able to design and develop the scope of the project and determine the hours required to achieve the organization’s objectives. At a minimum, the ED should expect to attend critical meetings and maintain and manage a smaller team that will continue to make rapid progress raising awareness and participating in advocacy. We estimate an average week will require 10-15 hrs of work.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
3921 East Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303, US
Acterra brings people together to create local solutions for a healthy planet.
Acterra is an environmental non-profit serving the Silicon Valley. We provide people with tangible, hands-on activities they can do to improve the environment. All of our work is solution-oriented. We offer several thousand volunteer opportunities each year for adults and youth. Because people get excited by different things, we offer a broad range of programs, from habitat restoration to carbon reduction and more. As importantly, we teach people how to become effective environmental change agents in their communities, neighborhoods, workplaces and schools.
Currently our programs include: Stewardship program, Business Environmental Awards, Green@Home, and the Environmental Library and Resource Center.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 28, 2021
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- 10-15 hours of work per week