1 person is interested
JET Express Volunteer Driver- Offers flexibility and meaning!
1 person is interested
Jewish Family Services (JFS) supports and strengthens lives throughout Greater Kansas City. We provide
essential human services for people facing challenges in everyday life or times of crisis - regardless of faith,
age, culture or lifestyle.
JET Express Program Information:
The JET Express program offers rides to older adults aged 60+ who no longer drive. Volunteers donate their
time and energy in order to provide independence and dignity to the lives of older adults. Your service allows
individuals to age in the community of their choice, even if they no longer drive. JET Express is about fueling the sense of connection, independence and mobility that is vital to those living in our community.
Jet Express drivers utilize their personal vehicle to provide rides for older adults and other community
members. Volunteers provide safe and reliable transportation ensuring members of our community remain
active, healthy, and connected to their community. Volunteer drivers enable riders to attend medical appointments, shopping needs, visits to see a spouse in a nursing home, taking a class, attending religious services and more! When you drive for Jet Express you are making an impact with every mile and best of all-you volunteer for rides that best fit your schedule!
* Be able to provide at least one round-trip ride or two one-way rides per month; about a 2-hour time
* Friendly, kind and caring with riders
* Ability to assist riders in and out of vehicle as needed (riders must be able to physically transfer
themselves, but volunteers may be asked to assist with equipment like a cane, walker, wheelchair or
* Access to a mobile phone and internet for rider confirmation and coordination
* Utilize the JET Express online system to sign-up for rides
* Communicate with staff and riders/clients in a manner consistent with the agency’s mission
* Provide customer service to all clients in accordance to JFS non-discrimination policy
* Must have their full COVID-19 vaccination
* Must be 21 years of age
* Have a reliable vehicle, valid car insurance and driver’s license
* Empathetically listen, while maintaining boundaries consistent with agency guidelines
* Passionate about serving JET Express riders
About Jewish Family Services of Greater Kansas City
425 E. 63rd St., Suite 103, Kansas City, MO 64110, US
Supporting and strengthening the Jewish and general communities by providing high-quality programs and services that address the needs of individuals and families dealing with crises and the everyday challenges of life.
Jewish Family Services is a social service agency that provides a wide variety of programs and services to the community including life crisis assistance, counseling, food pantry, older adult services, and more!
While our focus is primarily the Jewish community, we dedicate ourselves each day to provide peace of mind and a better life for everyone we serve, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, or economic status. We welcome volunteers of all ethnicities and backgrounds as well.
Multiple locations Kansas City, MO 64110
September 28, 2021
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible volunteer opportunity--you pick the rides that work for your schedule! Minimum 1 ride/month or equivalent to 12 rides/year
- Full COVID-19 vaccination, clean background check and motor vehicle report, reliable car