1 person is interested
Empower Independent Older Adults with Transportation Services!
ORGANIZATION: Jewish Family Services of Greater Kansas City
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
With just a couple of hours a month YOU could provide an older adult with access to their community!
JET Express Program Information
The JET Express program offers rides to older adults aged 60+ who no longer drive. Volunteers donate their time and energy in order to provide independence and dignity to the lives of older adults. Your service allows individuals to age in the community of their choice, even if they no longer drive. JET Express is about fueling the sense of connection, independence and mobility that is vital to those living in our community.
Jet Express drivers utilize their personal vehicle to provide rides for older adults and other community members. Volunteers provide safe and reliable transportation ensuring members of our community remain active, healthy, and connected to their community.
Volunteer drivers enable riders to attend medical appointments, shopping needs, visits to see a spouse in a nursing home, taking a class, attending religious services and more! When you drive for Jet Express you are making an impact with every mile and best of all-you volunteer for rides that best fit your schedule!
- Be able to provide at least one round-trip ride or two one-way rides per month; about a 2-hour time commitment
- Friendly, kind and caring with riders
- Ability to assist riders in and out of vehicle as needed (riders must be able to physically transfer themselves, but volunteers may be asked to assist with equipment like a cane, walker, wheelchair or bag.)
- Access to a mobile phone and internet for rider confirmation and coordination
- Utilize the JET Express online system to sign-up for rides
- Communicate with staff and riders/clients in a manner consistent with the agency’s mission
- Provide customer service to all clients in accordance to JFS non-discrimination policy
Competencies and Requirements
- Must be 21 years of age
- Have a reliable vehicle, valid car insurance and driver’s license
- Empathetically listen, while maintaining boundaries consistent with agency guidelines
- Passionate about serving JET Express riders
About Jewish Family Services of Greater Kansas City
425 E. 63rd St., Suite 103, Kansas City, MO 64110, US
Supporting and strengthening the Jewish and general communities by providing high-quality programs and services that address the needs of individuals and families dealing with crises and the everyday challenges of life.
Jewish Family Services is a social service agency that provides a wide variety of programs and services to the community including life crisis assistance, counseling, food pantry, older adult services, and more!
While our focus is primarily the Jewish community, we dedicate ourselves each day to provide peace of mind and a better life for everyone we serve, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, or economic status. We welcome volunteers of all ethnicities and backgrounds as well.
Multiple locations Kansas City, MO 64110
October 19, 2022
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible volunteer opportunity--you pick the rides that work for your schedule! Minimum 1 ride/month or equivalent to 12 rides/year
- Full COVID-19 vaccination, clean background check and motor vehicle report, reliable car