Board of Director Openings
We are currently seeking active and energetic volunteers to sit on the Board of Directors. All members of the Board of Directors are tasked with maintaining the foundation’s well-being by providing legal, fiscal and moral oversight in the following manner:
* Be familiar with the foundation’s operations and planning process
* Contributing to the foundation by being actively involved in fundraisers or by making a financial commitment * Serving as a foundation spokesperson by promoting the organization’s work and mission to the community
* Becoming familiar with and approving all foundation policies and programs and overseeing their implementation
* Be familiar with the foundation's budget ans taking an active part in the budget planning procss
* Presenting new ideas to improve the organization
* Working in good faith with fellow board members and staff toward the achievement of the foundation’s goals
* Interacting compassionately with individuals with medical conditions as well as their families
* Maintaining confidentiality of all foundation recipients and families
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About DREAMS TO MEMORIES FOUNDATION
41 PHEASANT LN, CHEEKTOWAGA, NY 14227, US
Our Mission... Fulfillment.... Dreams To Memories is a nonprofit, Western New York based volunteer foundation designed to assist in fulfilling dreams for families that have a parent with a life-threatening medical condition by creating lasting memories for their young children (15 years and younger and living in the same home). Our Vision... Our Impact on Quality of Life.... "Our dream is for all families to have a lasting, joyful memory of happy times."
Our immediate goal is to work with area Hospitals and Medical clinics that are located in Erie and Niagara Counties of N.Y. State. In working with the area doctors, we hope to accomplish in creating ever lasting memories of a parent that has a terminal illness. Dreams will work with the hospitals and medical staff that work with patients who have a life-threatening medical condition, and the Care Services Department (i.e. Social Services) at these facilities.
In the coming years our goal is to reach out to the following 7 counties of Western New York: Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, Wyoming
In the future, Dreams would like to be associated with a counseling center. Dreams will be able to refer the family to the center for the children.
A "Dream" is a trip to an agreed upon destination between the Dream Recipient and Dreams. Dreams will assist in expenses for travel which are foreseeable and directly related to the fulfillment of the Dream such as airfare, hotel/resort accommodations, food, event tickets, wheelchair rental, and car rental (if deemed necessary). Dreams also works with a limousine service to provide transportation for the family to and from the airport.
As of to date Dreams has provided over a dozen Family Wish Request and created memories for young children who have lost their mom or dad. We have sent families mostly to Disney in Orlando, Florida. One family to the Bahamas for 5 days. Several families were local day events due to physical limitations of the recipient.
41 Pheasant LnCheektowaga, NY 14227
September 28, 2021
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Market Research / Analysis
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Board Member Time and Participation is 2-4 hours per month The boards meets once a quarter for 90 minutes. The board terms is for 3 years.