8 people are interested
Holiday Drive Volunteer
8 people are interested
The City of Fremont Human Services Department (HSD) is seeking a volunteer to assist with Giving Hope, its annual holiday appeal. During the early part of the appeal, the Giving Hope volunteer will assist with drafting compelling stories for wish lists based off anonymized information provided by HSD staff.
As donations begin arriving in the Human Services offices, the volunteer will be asked to come in an help organize and prepare donations for distribution.
The volunteer may be called upon to assist with other, mutually agreed upon tasks, to keep Giving Hope running smoothly.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Fremont Family Resource Center
39155 Liberty Street, Suite A110, Fremont, CA 94538, US
The Fremont FRC is a welcoming place where families and individuals are nurtured, encouraged, and provided quality services to build on their own strengths to help themselves and others.
The Fremont FRC is a collaborative of 25+ City, County, State, and non-profit social service agencies working together under one roof to serve families in Southern Alameda County, including Fremont, Union City, Newark and Hayward. The City of Fremont’s Human Services Department is the lead agency - the FRC Core Team - and provides the key staff who administers the FRC and coordinates the many initiatives underway at the Center.
We provide a variety of services to South County residents including:
- adult and youth employment
- adult and youth counseling
- case management
- childcare information, referrals and subsidies
- housing information
- mental health services
- public benefits
- health insurance counseling
- nutrition services for mothers and children
- services for veterans and those with disabilities
- mediation & legal services
- financial counseling & coaching, asset-building programs; tax preparation services
- workshops and support groups
- on-site drop-in childcare.
3300 Capitol AveBuilding BFremont, CA 94538
September 28, 2021
- Data Entry
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Initially 2-4 hours per week remotely, with a quick turnaround time for stories. Nov & early Dec 4-6 hours a week in office.
- Must have a computer and email address. Must be able to assist in the office during part Nov & Dec during business hours.