3 people are interested
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Lead
3 people are interested
Under the direct supervision of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Team Lead, the intern will dedicate his/her/their effort to support the M&E team in strengthening the M&E capacity of Moving Health and its program in Ghana. The Ambulance Project - Phase 1 aims to increase health access for communities in Sissala East District through reliable and safe emergency ambulance transport, working with the National Ambulance Service referral system.
The M&E Intern will provide support to program M&E activities within Ghana, while actively communicating with the team in the USA. He/she/they will support all aspects of monitoring, evaluation and learning, including but not limited to data collection, entry, management and analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- * Assist with data collection and analysis.
- * Enter data into project databases accurately, and according to a data calendar within deadlines
- * Perform rigorous data cleaning and field-level error reconciliations (Data Quality checks), jointly with the program team to ensure that the data sitting in the program data base is accurate
- * Perform data quality checks on regular schedule and under the guidance of M&E Officer
- * Participate in data collection and reviews at multiple levels of the programs and project.
- * Organizing surveys and data collection for new communities the program will expand to
- * Edit and draft written reports on data collection activities, challenges, and opportunities
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
- * University degree in Statistics, Computer Science, M&E, Public Health, Political Science, Sociology or any other related course
- * Experience in data collection and management for social science and public health research
- * Working knowledge of the statistical analysis software (Epi info, SPSS, STATA etc.) is desirable
- * Proven experience in the application of MS suite (Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint)
- * Clear and effective communicator in English, verbally and with written materials
- * Ability to work with diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- * Possess excellent attention to detail, highly organized, self-motivated, rigorous, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently and readiness to learn
- * Field experience is essential as this position will be based in the focus counties
- * Ability to speak local language is desired
Please provide a cover letter and resume and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, Moving Health makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify Moving Health's human resource department.
About Moving Health
23 Drydock Avenue, Boston, MA 02210, US
To connect families to healthcare when they need it most.
Since 2016, Moving Health (formally The Okoa Project) has been redefining emergency transportation by addressing geographically neglected areas to address the health crises that these communities face every day by providing opportunities for safer, faster emergency care. Unlike other companies, our primary goal is to use human centered design to create solution that the communities actually want, making our solution more sustainable, cost effective, and reliable than alternative options.
Our work fills a desperately needed gap by providing sustainable, low-cost emergency transportation in areas that do not have any. Not only do our ambulances save lives, but our intersectional approach to global health and technology allows us to capture our impact with precision and create opportunities through learning and innovation.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 28, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Capacity Planning
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- 10-30 hours/week (flexible)