4 people are interested
Board of Directors - Member
4 people are interested
Term of Office
First-time appointed Board Members serve a one-year provisional period, before performing the remaining Board-approved two (2) years of their three (3) year term. At the six-month and twelve-month intervals, all new Board Members must submit a Board-provided on-line self-assessment of their performance.
The CCFA Board Member is a voting member of the Board of Trustees and appointed in a manner consistent with the school’s bylaws. He/she is accountable to the Board for the fulfillment of the responsibilities and tasks herein and adheres to the CCFA Board Member Agreement and Commitment to Excellence Policy.
1. Know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs.
2. Faithfully review and understand the organization’s financial statements.
3. Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the organization’s mission.
4. Give a meaningful personal financial donation at least annually.
5. Serve as an active advocate and ambassador for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission.
6. Competently use the Board’s selected technology (Google Suite of Services) to collaborate with peers and get the work done.
7. Follow the organization’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions.
8. Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of the organization.
9. Do assigned Board work outside of Board Meetings.
10. Do committee work to yield recommendations to the Board.
11. Prepare for, attend and actively participate in Board meetings and Executive Sessions.
1. Read, sign, and live by the Board Member Agreement and Commitment to Excellence Policy
1. Preferably strong marketing or legal background.
2. Commitment to the organization’s mission and strategic directions.
3. Inquisitive, accountable, resourceful, a do-er.
4. Time required to fulfill responsibilities and tasks described.
5. Share expertise.
6. Take initiative.
7. Comfortable with conducting a self-assessment and a group assessment of performance.
8. Serve on at least one Board Committee.
9. Willingness to be a candidate for a Board officer position after one year of board service to rotate talent and leadership.
1. CCFA board members possess good character, a strong commitment to the cause, the gift of time, and a willingness to do hard work and use personal and professional resources to advance the organization's mission.
2. CCFA Board members are the fiduciaries who steer the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as ensure the organization has adequate resources to advance its mission.
3. Honesty, integrity, independent decision-making and objectivity are the personal qualities CCFA board members must have to properly fulfill their responsibilities.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About CHESTER COUNTY FAMILY ACADEMY-A PENNSYLVANIA CHARTER SCHOOL
530 EAST UNION STREET, WEST CHESTER, PA 19382, US
A public charter elementary school provides a community based hands-on, hearts-on, heads-on program for young learners (ages 6 through 9 years old) and their families struggling with financial challenges.
Chester County Family Academy (CCFA) is a 22 year old, non-profit, K through 2nd grade, charter elementary school, located in West Chester, PA. The school primarily targets students and families that struggle with financial challenges, and aspires to provide a private school-like program, within a public charter school environment. The goal is to prepare the student body for the 3rd grade - academically and emotionally. The charter school is comprised of approximately 85 students, 4 Teachers, 4 Teacher aids, and 3 Specialists
530 E. Union StreetWest Chester, PA 19382
September 28, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Sales Marketing
- Legal (General)
- Background Check