Director of Social Media
The Director of Social Media role is designed for someone who loves social media and is familiar with the most widely utilized channels; is creative and can channel that creativity into a strategy that yields increased visibility/more followers for DreamCatchers; is eager to implement tactics to increase engagement among followers.
The Director of Social Media will ensure the following key goals are met:
1. attract new students to start chapters and volunteer
2. attract potential sponsors/donors/partners
3. create opportunities for interaction among current
chapters and partners
4. update followers on DreamCatchers news and events
Main responsibilities include:
- Managing DreamCatchers’ social media platforms
- Creating at least two posts per week for each social media platform
- Managing and responding to comments
- Maintaining communication with chapters as it relates to posting new Dreams, events, fundraisers, and any PR from any of the above
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About DreamCatchers Foundation
10105 East Vía Linda, Suite #103, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, US
DreamCatchers is a nonprofit organization that creates powerful connections for younger and older generations by empowering students and their local communities to fulfill the end-of-life dreams of hospice patients.
Student chapters work with local hospices in their communities to fulfill the Dreams of their patients, in the form of a memorable experience or event to celebrate that person and their life. For example, a Dream may be a sailboat ride, for a man who loved the ocean and spent years of his life on boats and submarines. Or, a Dream may come in the form of a family reunion celebration, for a patient ("Dreamer") who rarely gets to see their family anymore and wants to spend some quality time together.
Other past Dreams we’ve fulfilled include:
- Trip to a ballgame (baseball/football/hockey/baske tball)
- Birthday party
- Car show
- Boat/plane/helicopter ride
- Trip to local attraction (i.e. Botanical Gardens in Phoenix or Washington Monument in DC)
- Dancing- bring in a local artist/band, dancers (especially popular in nursing home/assisted living environments)
- Gourmet dinner
- Beauty- makeover, hair/nails, spa day
- Horseshoes/bingo game day
We operate 45 chapters in 17 states and have enlisted over 500 volunteers to help us fulfill our mission.
We partner with a network of 250 hospice providers and have actualized hundreds of Dreams for hospice patients.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 28, 2021
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours / week