Kiskeya International is looking for a talented Video Editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting.
Ultimately, as a Film and Video Editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a Video Editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related field
About KISKEYA INTERNATIONAL INC
6360 UPLANDS BLVD APT N, SARASOTA, FL 34243, US
It is the mission of Kiskeya International to bring an end to deforestation, hunger, and poverty in the world's most at-risk communities by combining regenerative agricultural practices and innovative solutions.
We are a solutions-oriented reforestation nonprofit focused on providing sustainable long-term solutions to high-risk communities in the developing world. What this means is, we as an organization, research the environmental, social, and economic issues facing a community, find solutions to said problems then educate ourselves and collaborate with experts in the field to implement these solutions while teaching the people themselves everything we have learned. To sum it up short, we first teach ourselves to fish, then we teach everyone else.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 28, 2021
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Video Production
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This position is part-time with a completely flexible schedule. Your schedule will be yours to determine as long as the results are consistent, on-brand, and of high quality.
- Please have video references to your past work.