Fathering Together is a nonprofit dedicated to reimagining Fatherhood and creating a space for community resources, and advice for all those who identify as dads. Fathering Together’s mission is to build supportive communities for fathers enriched by resources and storytelling.
The Communications Fellow is responsible for drafting and posting digital communications such as website content updates, social media posts, and emails to our lists. You will keep our communications infrastructure running smoothly and spot opportunities for new owned (social media, website, email) and earned (press) media content.
We seek a self-directed, driven, team player who is motivated to support the larger movement represented by Fathering Together. Fathering Together is a collaborative and supportive work environment, committed to developing the leadership of our staff through regular supervision and staff development opportunities.
Required Qualities, Skills, and Experience
- Persistence, good follow-up, and a relationship-building orientation
- Ability to balance, prioritize, and follow through on tasks for multiple projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and lead projects with direction and feedback from your supervisor Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication including in a remote work environment
- Excellent Writing Skills
- Strong computer skills; ease with new technology and apps
- Initiative and creativity to suggest strategic interventions or new approaches
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with design apps (such as Canva, Illustrator, or InDesign)
About FATHERING TOGETHER
1704 KEENEY ST, EVANSTON, IL 60202, US
Fathering Together’s mission is to build supportive communities for fathers* enriched by resources and storytelling. *We define "father" as anyone who identifies as a father figure. This can include, but is not limited to biological, adoptive, by marriage, grandparents, uncles, and older siblings as well as cisgendered, non-binary, and those on the LGBTQ+ spectrum. We invite all individuals who identify as fathers into our communities and to participate in our programs.
Fathering Together's (FT) mission is to support fathers as they become actively engaged in the lives of their children. Through trainings, resources, and storytelling, FT empowers dads to be their best selves for their families, workplaces, and communities.
FT is a nonprofit that runs a variety of fatherhood Facebook groups with over 126,000 members from around the globe. Our members represent different backgrounds, cultures, political views, and religions. FT hosts Dad Chat Groups to connect dads with their peers for advice and support. FT also provides 1-on-1 coaching to support dads as they navigate the joys and challenges of fatherhood.
As we move forward, FT will launch a number of local, regional, and international chapters. The chapters are powered by FT’s innovative, skill-based Fatherhood Core 5 Curriculum, which builds men’s socio-emotional, cognitive, physical, financial, and spiritual health to become well-rounded and strong role models for their families.
In addition to individual support and community building, FT hosts public conversations and events focused on creating a more equitable world designed to encourage dads as caregivers. The leadership team also works with companies and organizations to develop fatherhood resource groups that enable dads to translate their workplace skills into parenting skills and vice versa. Lastly, FT works to support a healthy work-family balance.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 28, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 hours a month minimum
- see brief description above!