1 person is interested
Information and Planning Team Leader
1 person is interested
Information and Planning is responsible for gathering assessment and operational data required for effective management of a response, including information about the scope of the disaster and the effectiveness of the response. The data compiled by Information and Planning supports reports to donors about the effective use of the resources they have provided to the Red Cross.
This position is responsible for supporting and engaging the workers assigned to the team which includes:
1) Providing supervision including ensuring assigned volunteers are engaged in regional activities by assigning tasks to complete function activities, regular and ongoing communication of opportunities, discussing level of involvement and development, providing timely feedback and coaching;
2) On boarding volunteers to Disaster Cycle Services and the volunteer's chosen functional area;
3) Provide training as required for the volunteer's functional area in collaboration with the Disaster Workforce Engagement Team;
4) Receive recognition for successful completion of tasks; and in collaboration with Disaster Workforce Engagement Team for yearly region recognition;
5) Provide evaluation of performance in completing assigned tasks and collaborating with Disaster Workforce Engagement Team for yearly evaluation and completion of volunteer's development plan;
Team Leaders are responsible for the overall execution of assigned tasks with may include:
1) Planning activities including Analysis and Planning, Disaster Assessment, Financial and Statistical Information, and Information Dissemination.
2) Management and use information management technology platforms for Disaster Response and Recovery (DSARS, RCView, etc.)
3) Providing operational planning support in both Blue Sky and Gray to events
* build and lead a team using a collaborative leadership style and demonstrating traits of honesty, forward looking, competence, intelligence and compassion.
* build effective relationships with groups and individuals who can help with related goals.
* follow and implement requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
* adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
* build effective relationships with others who can help with work related goals.
* be sensitive in human interactions to diversity inclusiveness.
* monitor and correct performance and to manage conflict.
* work toward Supervisor position in at least one Mass Care activity
About American Red Cross
520 E Chestnut St, Louisville, KY 40202, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations around the state of KentuckyOwensboro, KY 40231
September 28, 2021
- Office Management
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Program Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training