1 person is interested
Community Outreach Director
1 person is interested
About SPI: SPI’s mission is to provide protection, stabilization and self-actualization to doubly-marginalized communities while creating a larger framework of safety and sustainability for the community members we serve. SPI envisions a world where every human being is celebrated for the unique gifts they bring. A world where sexual orientation, race, gender, class, religious orientation, physical or mental ability, and country of birth no longer separate us; A world where the recognition that the survival of our species and the planet as a whole is directly dependent on how we love and care for the most vulnerable among us. We recognize that fulfillment of this mission requires cultural and policy changes on both the regional and global levels. SPI will constantly endeavor to embrace and empower each community member while working strategically to shift structures and attitudes that inhibit freedom and equity for all.
About the role: SPI is currently looking for volunteers willing to serve as Community Outreach Director who reaches out to our LGBTQIA+ refugee community globally and ensures they are resettled in their new country of residence. Volunteers would make contact with their assigned person through WhatsApp on a monthly basis.
- Listen to the community member with respect
- Maintain confidentiality with any shared information
- Share experiences
- Serve as a positive role model and friend
- Build self-esteem and motivation
- Speak in an appropriate way and not overextend or make unrealistic promises
- Fluency in English and any of the following languages: French, Farsi, Arabic
- Possess good listening skills
- Good relationship building skills
- Must be empathetic, open, reliable, patient, non-judgmental and respectful
- Must have cross-cultural sensitivity
- Deeply interested, committed and aligned with SPI’s mission
- Introduction to different world views, cultures, traditions and languages
- Work from home or anywhere you have wi-fi
- Flexible schedule
- Personal fulfillment through contribution to the refugee community and it’s individuals
If you want to be part of this exciting journey and join our Safe Place International family, please send your Resume and interest letter to: email@example.com with the subject line "Community Outreach Director"
About SAFE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
To Be Informed, Mill Valley, CA 94941, US
SafePlace International’s primary mission is to provide food, clothing, shelter, and emotional support in a context of safety and protection for doubly-marginalized communities while creating a larger framework of inclusivity with clear pathways toward individual sustainability and self-actualization.
Safe Place International's primary mission is to support the dignity and self-actualization of the most marginalized members of the global refugee community. We seek to significantly improve the opportunities, individual, and collective life experiences of these community members. We support this mission through direct aid and advocacy initiatives, specifically supporting members of the LGBTQIA+ community, survivors of GBV, and single/pregnant women.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 28, 2021
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- 15-20 hours a week