Orangewood Children & Family Center Volunteer
1124 people are interested
Make the Future a Better Place for a Child or Teen . . . If you ever wanted to help a child or teen but didn't know how, why not take this opportunity to become an Orangewood Children & Family Center volunteer.
Orangewood Children & Family Center (OCFC) is a temporary shelter for children and teens between the ages of 2 days to 18 years. Volunteers decide which age group best complements their interests and talents.
As an OCFC volunteer, you will help to individualize the services provided by our professional staff. In addition, your involvement will enrich our programs as we tap into your skills and talents.
OCFC volunteers provide that individual attention that all children need. An infant needs someone to hold him and mimic his beginning speech. A toddler needs a caring adult to play with her, read a story and admire her smile. An awkward 12-year-old needs a special person to listen to him and compliment his budding social skills. Even a teenager, who may feel like she knows it all and needs no one, can use some individual attention.
Volunteers 18 years of age or older can:
- Interact with children or teens in individual and group activities
- Assist teachers in a classroom setting
- Interact with children or teens in the residential cottages
- Engage the children or teens in recreational and craft activities
- Assist teens participating in Independent Living programs
Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
We'll work with your schedule.
The City Drive SouthOrange, CA 92868
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- flexible schedule
- Volunteers must attend an orientation prior to getting started.