6 people are interested
Photographer or Videographer
6 people are interested
Job Title: Volunteer Photographer
Up to 10 hours a month
Minimum 3-month commitment
MAKE Projects is a non-profit social enterprise organization that provides paid work experience and job readiness training to low-income refugee and immigrant women and youth. We are fiscally-sponsored by Mission Edge. Learn more about our mission, program and services at www.sdmake.org
The Marketing team collaborates with staff, external partners, and job trainees to produce content for social media, newsletters, flyers, web, and more. We would love a talented photographer and/or videographer to help gather high quality images and videos of our social enterprise, job trainees, and delicious food.
* Capture and edit visual content at events, Café, and in the kitchen and garden
* Take photos of our job trainees for marketing campaigns and for their LinkedIn/resumes
* Take photos of our food, including Global To Go takeout meals
* If a videographer, interview job trainees and staff members for YouTube, website, and social media
* Must be 18 years and over
* Must have experience working in and/or with low-income communities
* Must love working, teaching, mentoring others - patience is a must!
* MAKE Projects does not own a high-quality camera, so we’d love someone who can use their own equipment
* On-site at MAKE Projects in North Park (3745 30th Street, San Diego CA 92104)
About MAKE Projects
3745 30th Street, San Diego, CA 92104, US
Our mission is to create an inclusive San Diego by preparing refugees and immigrants to achieve their dreams.
MAKE Projects was born from the need to help lower-literacy refugee women gain English and job skills in an effective way and timely manner. While refugees who resettle to the U.S. come with a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds (such as those with a Ph.D. like Albert Einstein), there are some refugees - particularly women from more agrarian backgrounds - who were never given access to attend school or continue beyond primary grades. We prepare over 70 refugees and immigrants per year for successful jobs throughout San Diego County. Our dynamic, hands-on learning platform is an engaging way for English learners and youth to gain real-world work experience and confidence with American work culture.
Our vision at MAKE Projects is to see San Diegans cross social, racial, economic and geographic lines as we gather over a common love of food, flavors and culture. We believe in the power of food to bring diverse populations together, to unite a community and educate each other about our history and differences, as well as our commonalities.
3745 30th StreetSan Diego, CA 92104
September 27, 2021
- Video Production
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Up to 10 hours a month
- MAKE Projects does not own a high-quality camera, so we’d love someone who can use their own equipment