Volunteer/Internship - Fundraising Specialist

Save to Favorites

ORGANIZATION: F R I E N D S CHARITIES INC

Image_202109131700

Friends Charities is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded so that up-and-coming generations of STEM students can benefit from our communities just as we did. We recognize that we owe much of our success, both academically and professionally, to the people who have helped us get there. This is our way of giving back!

The focus of this opportunity is to help us raise funds for the scholarships we award to qualifying students each year. We are committed to ensuring that no less than 80% of funds raised goes to the students, with the remaining 20% used for any operating costs we may incur as we strive to meet our goals. This does NOT include any form of salary for members. We are all volunteers!

If you have any questions about this opportunity or who we are and what we do, please feel free to contact us through VolunteerMatch or via email at info@friendscharities.org.

Responsibilities:

  • Work with charity members to identify and cultivate potential sponsors.
  • Inspire new supporters, while maintaining and cultivating existing supporters.
  • Manage the event process from start to finish. Develop plans, identify venues, research, recommend, and secure vendors.
  • Collaborate with charity members to ensure their roles and required participation is clearly defined to provide a successful event.
  • Monitor participation and fundraising results, track, and report against budget to evaluate event success and determine potential for a recurring event.
  • Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, consultants, and other outside resources to ensure availability of quality resources for events activities.
  • Travel as needed to specific events to provide an onsite presence and resources.
  • Other related duties as assigned.

Who We’re Looking For:

  • Strong written and verbal communication skills
  • Creative problem solver
  • Can set and maintain a schedule effectively
  • Eager to learn new things and face new challenges
  • Desire to use knowledge and skills to give back to the community

More opportunities with F R I E N D S CHARITIES INC

No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.

About F R I E N D S CHARITIES INC

Location:

1140 THORN RUN RD 588, CORAOPOLIS, PA 15108, US

Mission Statement

Friends Charities was founded to provide up and coming generations of STEM students with scholarships and mentoring opportunities so that they can benefit from our communities just as we did. Put simply, we want to give back!

Description

At Friends Charities, giving back starts with financial assistance. The expenses that come with pursuing higher education are not news to anyone. Many students struggle to pay for an education beyond high school or are discouraged from even attempting it due to prohibitive costs. This is why we formed Friends Charities in part as a scholarship fund. We know firsthand that every bit of assistance counts.

We also know that money alone does not guarantee success. Students need guidance and support to help them make the most of their college careers and build a future for themselves. The second major component of Friends Charities is the offer of periodic mentorship opportunities. We seek to help students prepare not only for academic life, but also for their first steps into a successful STEM career.

For more information, please visit us at https://friendscharities.org/.

CAUSE AREAS

Children & Youth
Community
Education & Literacy
Children & Youth, Community, Education & Literacy

WHEN

We'll work with your schedule.

WHERE

Multiple locations Coraopolis, PA 15108

(40.5184,-80.16673)
 

SKILLS

  • Fundraising
  • Organization
  • Community Outreach
  • People Skills
  • Verbal / Written Communication

GOOD FOR

N/A

REQUIREMENTS

  • 5-8 hours per week

Report this opportunity

We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.

Please find other opportunities.

Find Opportunities