AmeriCorps VISTA Leader
Are you a volunteer warrior? Do you want a career in service? Join AmeriCorps VISTA! The program is designed to function as a stateside Peace Corps, placing high quality, dedicated individuals in poverty facing non-profit organizations throughout the country.
The Texas Association of Charitable Clinics VISTA Leader must have prior service experience through either a full term of VISTA, NCCC, AmeriCorps State and National, or the Peace Corps. The aim of a VISTA leader is to expand and build the capacity of the members they lead, in coordination with the projects in which they serve. VISTA Leaders provide support and coordination for members to increase the project's impact including, but not limited to regular check ins with VISTA Members, on-going training and professional development, and continued recruitment for sustained program success. The VISTA Leader will also develop relations with other programs throughout the state to create best practices for program management.
The aim of a VISTA Leader is to expand and build the capacity of the VISTAs they lead, in coordination with the projects in which they serve. Leaders provide support and coordination for members to increase the project's impact. VISTA Leaders make about $705 bi-weekly pre-tax and are eligible for either an education award of $6,345 or a cash stipend of $3,000 at completion of service.
- Relocation Allowance
- Child Care Assistance
- End of Service Award of either $6,345 Education Award or $3,000 Cash Stipend
- On-Going Training and Professional Development
- Non-Competitive Eligibility for Federal Employment
- Phone Bill Reimbursement
- College Graduate
- At Least 18 Years Old
- Commitment to National Service and solutions to poverty
- Interest in learning about the workings of free and reduced healthcare systems
- Capable of finding housing in the Austin region
- Driver 's License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please follow the link below. It will take you to the Position Opportunity on the MyAmericorpsPortal.
09:00 AM to 05:00 PM
VISTA positions are full-time, one year, paid position.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Texas Association of Charitable Clinics
3710 Cedar Street #213, Austin, TX 78705, US
Mission To enhance the overall ability of Texas charitable clinics to provide the highest level of care. Vision To foster the best charitable clinic system in the nation.
The Texas Association of Charitable Clinics, TXACC, is a private nonprofit organiztaion that provides support, education, rsources and advocacy to free and charitable clinics statewide in Texas. These are clinics largely run by volunteers providing low cost care to people who are low-income and uninsured.
TXACC and its members share a common mission of addressing the needs of the uninsured using the generosity of our communities as a base for our operations. Millions of dollars of healthcare services are provided through TXACC clinics each year. TXACC’s role in the provision of these services is to ensure that charitable clinics have the resources, capacity and information they need to provide quality, measurable and impactful healthcare services.
3710 Cedar Street, Suite 213Austin, TX 78705
September 27, 2021
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- This is an AmeriCorps VISTA opportunity. It is a year long program. More information is in the description. If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org