9 people are interested
Nutrition Education Internship
ORGANIZATION: Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
Internship Description: Olivewood’s Nutrition Education Internship provides the chance to gain experience with teaching youth in a garden-to-table kitchen. The intern will spend their time working closely with our Youth Nutrition Education Specialist and our Adult and Teen Program Specialist to deliver hands-on cooking and nutrition lessons within our youth programs. As an organization rooted in community, this role requires active participation in anti-racist work and a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Internships are unpaid, however class credit is available.
Qualifications: We are seeking individuals who are detail oriented with culinary or nutrition knowledge and an interest in working with youth. Applicants studying nutrition, culinary arts, education, or public health fields are preferred but not required. Spanish language proficiency is ideal, but not required.
08:30 AM to 01:30 PM
Shifts take place on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center
2525 N Ave, National City, CA 91950, US
Our Mission: Inspire youth and adults to be healthy and active citizens through organic gardening, environmental stewardship, and nutrition education. Our Vision: A community free of diet-related health conditions and a thriving environment. Olivewood’s purpose is to build healthy families and a healthy environment. We work with children, families and adults through hands-on classes in the garden and the kitchen.
Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center’s historic 6.85-acre property in National City, California serves as an interactive, indoor-outdoor classroom for children and adults from around San Diego County.
We are fortunate to be supported by a team of passionate and hard-working volunteers. Volunteers are not only integral to the success of our program, but they also help demonstrate to students the caring and commitment of their larger community. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about environmental and nutrition education; fresh, local food; working with children; community engagement; and hands-on gardening and cooking.
To Get Involved...
- Fill out a volunteer application (The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you after your application submission
- Complete a volunteer waiver
- Complete a background check
- Schedule a volunteer orientation
Open Volunteer Positions:
- Garden Volunteer
- Office Volunteer
- Volunteer Garden Science Assistant
- Volunteer Nutrition Assistant
- Special Events/Weekend volunteer
- Internship (college students and recent college graduates)
- Garden Support Internship
- Sustainable Urban Agriculture Internship
- Outdoor Education Internship
- Nutrition Education Internship
- School-Based Outdoor Education Internship
2525 N AvenueNational City, CA 91950
January 30, 2023
- Cooking / Catering
- Child Development
- Environmental Science
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 120 hour commitment, 10-12 hours a week for 12 weeks. We are flexible with the weekly hour commitment