Volunteer Program Coordinator
We are currently looking to hire a Volunteer Program Coordinator for our volunteer internship program to be based in our headquarters in Lobitos, northern Peru. The VP Coordinator will support and manage the volunteer interns, as well as engage with and support the rest of the team. The VP Coordinator must serve as a positive and enthusiastic role model in order to create a healthy and positive dynamic within the house and work environments.
Benefits of working at EcoSwell:
- Live and work in a surfing paradise in northern Peru
- Food and board provided
- Enhance your CV and gain professional hands-on experience in the development sector
- Have a real impact on people’s lives
- 25 business days annual leave (holidays)
- Learn from our educational seminars given by our Directors on topics including but not limited to: international development, NGO/social enterprise creation and management, renewable energy, ecosystem restoration, field research techniques, and more.
The main responsibilities for the role are listed below:
- Manage and supervise volunteer interns once they are in the EcoSwell house - ensure that they are working well, respond to questions about projects, conduct regular work plan meetings.
- Help manage and participate in various EcoSwell projects - this may include: explaining projects to volunteer interns, supporting and helping to manage task handovers, helping to manage various project budgets, liaising with and supporting project supervisors.
- Manage finances, working with the Director of Finance - includes registering daily and weekly expenses of the organisation, tracking project expenses, supporting the creation of monthly financial packages
- Support the volunteer internship program team, including the Volunteer Program Administrator and Director of Outreach
- Give volunteers suggestions about additional activities that they can do outside of work and help them coordinate these outings.
- Ensure that the volunteer interns are following health and safety requirements and stay updated regarding health, safety, and emergency action plans and protocols and know what to do in an emergency situation.
- Adopt a flexible working week which may include evenings and weekends as needed - you will be living in the EcoSwell house with the volunteers and you may be needed outside of typical business hours.
- Socialise and spend time with the volunteer interns (does not have to be every single day, but there should be regular interaction). The VP Coordinator must represent the ethos of the organisation and follow health and safety protocols, as well as local laws and regulations, in order to act responsibly as a member of the EcoSwell team.
- Support the House Administrator and the rest of the team.
- Role duration: six months to one year with the possibility to extend. Full time.
- Accommodation in the EcoSwell house and all meals are included as a benefit with the position
- Start date: 1st of December 2021 (for a two week training period before the end of the year), you’ll then be able to take a 16 day break (10 business days) until the 3rd of January 2022 (reopening of the EcoSwell House).
- Holidays: 15 business days plus the break from 17th December 2021 - 3rd January 2022 (10 business days). This adds to 25 business days of vacation time.
- Salary: S/. 930 PEN (Peruvian soles) per month.
- Good English and Spanish are necessary.
- Surf lessons with local instructors in Lobitos. Alternatively, you can rent one of our EcoSwell surfboards and head out to the waves yourself
- Yoga classes
- Swimming with turtles
- Fishing, sea-lion, and whale watching trips with local fishermen
- Trekking and birdwatching in the native Dry Forest ecosystem
- Eat traditional Peruvian food at local restaurants
- Visits to other nearby beaches and towns within hours of Lobitos to explore more Peruvian landscapes, culture & history
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Villa de Oficiales 270, Barrio Centro, Lobitos, Piura 20820, PE
Our mission is to design and develop socio-environmental, educational and infrastructure projects with the purpose of guiding the development of semi-rural localities in the north of Peru through the path of a sustainable development, increasing the quality of life of their inhabitants.
We are a surfing-inspired NGO operating in Lobitos, a small town on the northern coast of Peru. EcoSwell was established in 2013 by a multidisciplinary team of young professionals who have a passion for the development and well-being of Peru's vulnerable population and ecosystems. Since then, EcoSwell has positively impacted entire communities through immersive, bottom-up projects with the valued help of international volunteers, sponsors and the local people. Not only have we designed and built sustainable engineering solutions such as dry toilets, a solar distiller and irrigation systems, but we have also contributed to the empowerment of women and their families through educational programmes and workshops. We aspire to continue working closely with local communities to keep growing and expanding our impact across poorer parts of the region.
We are currently working on a diverse range of projects which we consistently need volunteer help with. The internships that we offer include:
- Eco Tourism
- Sanitation Initiatives and Waste Management
- Renewable Energy
- Surfonomics/World Surfer Reserve Research
- Medical Electives
EcoSwellVilla de Oficiales 270Barrio Centro 20820Lobitos, Piura Peru
September 27, 2021
- Environmental Education
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months - 1 year.
- To apply, answer the questions on the distribution, and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV.