1 person is interested
Refugee Sewing Childcare Volunteer
1 person is interested
This is an urgent ongoing need.
The Utah Refugee Center is looking for volunteers to provide childcare for children of Refugees attending our Sewing Classes. This program takes place Saturdays from 10:00am-1:00pm , starting now and repeating every Saturday until November 20th, with a one weekend break October 9th.
Sewing childcare volunteers will be responsible for watching 2-4 childreen per week with the assistance on another volunteer. This will take place at the center and all necessities and entertainment supplies are provided.
Interested volunteers should contact Kristen Schau at email@example.com or (385) 483-9731.
- Sat Oct 30, 2021 - 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Sat Nov 06, 2021 - 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Sat Nov 13, 2021 - 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Sat Nov 20, 2021 - 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Sat Oct 16, 2021 - 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Sat Oct 02, 2021 - 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Utah Refugee Center
150 N 1950 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84116, US
The Utah Refugee Center serves two purposes: to foster opportunities for refugees to access family-sustaining employment, and to support refugee communities’ efforts to find appropriate solutions towards integration.
As part of the Department of Workforce Service, the Utah Refugee Center offers employment, intake, and program services to assist refugees in Salt Lake City with their integration journey. We serve as a hub that offers commonly needed services such as job search assistance, ESL, citizenship preparation, and basic computer skills. We also leverage skill-based volunteerism as well as targeted in-kind and financial donations to provide free trainings and programs for adults and youth with interests ranging from I.T. and computer programming to leadership and public speaking to sewing and product development. If you are interested in serving your local refugee community, we have an opportunity for you!
150 N 1950 WSalt Lake City, UT 84116
September 27, 2021
- Child Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3 hours weekly on Saturdays for 7 weeks. Volunteers who cannot commit to the entire 7 weeks but are available for a portion of the time are encouraged to apply.